Notary Rotary
Please pm me if you work for FASS and do not have the
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 3/26/13 12:25am
Msg #463026

NNA membership and background check. After I receive answers I will give reasoning. TIA

Reply by notaryKing on 3/26/13 12:47am
Msg #463029

They have left me alone for a while.

If it wasn't a BG check, they wanted a DMV check. Would offer me jobs and then would say, "oh, you don't have blah blah blah, can you get that by Wednesday?"

Total scam IMO. A competitor of theirs, after said SS offered me then recinded this job in a very, and I mean very obscure town, called me and offered me the gig and $15 more in pay.

I have zero faith in any BG checks sold anywhere. I went to the state police and got mine and 90% of the companies accept it. The 10% who don't ALWAYS let me know where I need to go and BUY theirs.

No go. I have too many other companies I'm in good with. For me to pay another $35 to get more lowball offers made no fiscal sense to me. After I told the CSA about this sounding like a scam, they haven't offered to ask again and I've gotten other job offers. They say its from lender to lender, but I have a feeling it isn't. I close loans for the same lenders through other SS's.

At every turn they want more $$$ for something. I'm at the turn where I need the $$$. The company pimped "crimchek." I've seen the NNA's BG checks. I think mine is better, but what do I know. I was hassled big time to get another BG check by same SS, never got it, still get calls.

"Here fishy fishy fishy."

Reply by ikando on 3/26/13 9:53am
Msg #463060

I know of three different companies in Tulsa that do background checks for various companies. In my opinion, BGCs are another income stream, especially if the information posted earlier that the SS aren't screening their own employees is true, why are they requiring it of ICs?

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/26/13 10:29am
Msg #463064

I have had three background checks in the past month. Getting very tired of this hoop jumping. A whole day's income has been spent now on background checks, and I don't understand how they can require different companies bgc's when they all have exactly the same information. Even the State of Minnesota completes a background check on me for my Closing Agent license. The signing services don't care. In my opinion, I think the State background okay should be enough to satisfy any requirements for any other company.

I'm sure the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act was not meant as a way to extort money out of hard-working professionals such as ourselves.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.