Notary Rotary
Professional Settlement again
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by jojo_MN on 3/4/13 7:26pm
Msg #459200

Once again they called me to do a Debt Settlement for a them. I asked them if the client is licensed in Wisconsin. Of course they said yes. I looked them up on the state licensing site and sure enough, they are not. I explained that I was told by the state of Wisconsin that if they are not licensed to do Debt Settlements, don't do them. After turning them down twice, they sent me the documents anyway. I sent them an email that I turned them down. In addition to the non-licensing, the borrowers were being charged $900 upfront and paying $79/month for "administration fees"--both of which are illegal in the state of Wisconsin.

Anyway, after many calls and me telling them each time that the State of Wisconsin gave me instructions that we shouldn't take these closings if the "law firm" isn't licensed to business in Wisconsin and charge the upfront fees because we could be charged as a accomplice to a crime, they had the audacity to call me and say "the fee has been raised to $200. Does that change your answer??".

Told them sorry, it is just as illegal to do it for $200 or any other price.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/4/13 7:35pm
Msg #459203

""the fee has been raised to $200. Does that change your answer??""

Wow...just....wow..

Reply by Deborah Breedlove on 3/6/13 10:49am
Msg #459508

This reminds me of an old joke...

A man approaches an attractive woman in a bar and asks "Would you sleep with me for $10,000?"

She smiles and says ok.

Then he asks "Well, would you sleep with me for $10?"

Appalled and offended, and says "No, I wouldn't sleep with you for $10!! What do you think I am, a hooker?"

He says, "Well, we have already established that fact. Now we are just negotiating the price."

Reply by jba/fl on 3/4/13 7:59pm
Msg #459211

Since there are 3 listings in SC, can you give more info about this particular company? Phone number if nothing else? It is not good to be indistinct when there are 3 entities.

Thank you.

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/4/13 8:08pm
Msg #459215

Professional Settlement Services out of Henderson, NV n/m

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/4/13 8:19pm
Msg #459219

702 800-2998 n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 3/4/13 8:28pm
Msg #459221

Re: 702 800-2998

Now I am going, "wow". I haven't worked with them in some time....I guess I am missing nothing.

Reply by ikando on 3/4/13 10:07pm
Msg #459231

I guess when they're making money for doing nothing for the borrower, they feel everyone is willing to take the money and run.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/5/13 11:12am
Msg #459285

Just what about NO do you not understand. Not only no, but Hell No. In CA, it iis illegal to coerce a notary to perform fraudulent acts.

Collecting $$ upfront is illegal and immoral. What a scam.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.