Notary Rotary
Questionable SS
Notary Discussion History

Questionable SS
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by A S Johnson on 3/6/13 9:48am
Msg #459487

Questionable SS

In lest than 24 hours have had 2 different SS(?) call.
(1) DMV Notary Service Houston Tx. Any comments other than in SC
with a star rating of 1 1/2 and all negative comments. At home when she called witha signing that needed to be done in less than hour. Fortunately would not meet my price of $150. Really just a notary, a wanted to be signing service. Found out she had lived in The Houston area for 6+ years but still had her Fla phone numbers.
(2) 123 Quick Notary from Fla G/B/U?
Not even listed on Notary Rotary.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/6/13 10:11am
Msg #459490

Same here, notaries passing themselves off as SS on the increase.....going for "volume" I suppose. Although I work for a couple of notaries who pass of signings, they have never attempted to pass themselves off as a SS.
We need to scrutinize every contact for fraud even within our ranks. Sad

Reply by Les_CO on 3/6/13 12:57pm
Msg #459524

Personally I never loan money to strangers. I work ONLY for those I can check on, or have worked for (and been paid) in the past, and would NEVER accept a ‘farm-out’ from some other notary/pseudo SS. Not only would I probably never get paid, but I believe there could be some liability problems with such an arrangement. (Does this notary/pseudo SS carry any business liability insurance? I’d bet not.) Sorry but I just can’t be bothered working with less than honest people, and if they lie in front how honest are they? JMO

Reply by CorpJen on 3/6/13 1:31pm
Msg #459530

Will only pay $75, hung up on me when I quoted MY fee >Frown TX
2/23/2013 Low ball offer of $80. Don't need that kind of nonsense!

Reply by A S Johnson on 3/6/13 3:36pm
Msg #459561

And I really plan on saying "Thank you Notary Rotary, my membership has more than paid for itself in just the last 24 hours.

Reply by 101livescan on 3/6/13 4:57pm
Msg #459590

I'm wondering if this is why we are being queried as to if we are working by ourselves or "with someone". This seems to be "scalping". Not real businesses, just making money on our energies and skills.

Who knows if they ever intend to pay the notary who does the actual work.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.