Rev Mortgage brush up
Notary Discussion History

Rev Mortgage brush up
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by La Trese Breaux on 3/25/13 5:58pm
Msg #462987

Rev Mortgage brush up

Hello,
If anyone have any information on what i need to know about Rev mortgage signing can you inbox me the info i havent completed one in a long time, i have gotten rusty. My signing is schedule this Wednesday. Thank you

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/25/13 8:36pm
Msg #462996

There's a ton of RM threads here. Use the orange button. But they'll all say the same thing. Nothing different as far as you as a loan signer go. Docs are more voluminous but totally standard. No surprises.

Many will say schedule extra time cos lonely seniors love to chat .... but I'm a senior and the last person I want to spend any extra time with at my kitchen table is a mobile notary (nothing personal, La Trese! XOX)

Also, my rule of thumb is the LO has to be present or immediately accessible, and I confirm this ahead of time. No way am I going to answer any questions above and beyond my pay grade re a transaction as vital as a RM ... especially with someone who may not be at the top of their game (depends on how senior the senior citizen is).

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 3/26/13 12:49am
Msg #463030

the only LO I've had at a RM signing was older than the

borrowers and completely worthless!! He spent most of the time texting, emailing, whatever, and certainly was not engaged in the signing Smile

Reply by Teresa/FL on 3/26/13 8:11am
Msg #463046

Sometimes that's better than a "chatty" LO

I had a RM signing yesterday where the LO was 30 minutes late.

I've done signings with this guy before and he always talks his way through the signing, everything from the weather to current events. I was relieved that he was going to be late and was able to get more than half way through the signing before he arrived.

The borrowers had some questions, but I was able to find the answers for them within the documents as this was not my first RM signing and I am familiar with that lender's docs.

Unless there are issues regarding the loan terms, I much prefer that the LO just sit back and let me do my job.

Reply by La Trese Breaux on 3/26/13 11:09am
Msg #463072

Thanks GoldGirl lol and everyone else ;) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.