Rude and inconsiderate . . .
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Karla/OR on 3/14/13 5:54pm
Msg #461235

(Just venting)

Did a re-fi this morning for a jerk (single, middle-aged) at his small two-room financial office. When he came out of his office, I said, "Hi JoeSchmo". He did not reply, just looked me up and down and handed his secretary/receptionist a project.

As we entered his office, he said this needs to be quick as he has to "get out of here." During signing, he answered his cell phone, acted fidgety when his secretary did not pick up the ringing phone (she was on another line), questioned me about using today's date (he said this paperwork is only a formality as the loan has already funded!! - His docs had to be re-signed because of incorrect year "2103" on last set of docs). He also worked on his financial paperwork as well as used his computer.

The saving grace is that he was not a reader. Appointment only took .5 hour!!! :O)

Amazingly enough, he does not get that I COULD be a potential client. Just how far would our businesses go if we treated people like that?

Upon leaving, the secretary made a comment that she did not like that he told me to hurry. I could tell she did not like him - she said he is not there that much and she liked that!!! I gave her my business card and offered to help her get away from the monster!!!

Reply by Susan Fischer on 3/14/13 6:10pm
Msg #461238

Chocolates for you. n/m

Reply by Karla/OR on 3/14/13 7:42pm
Msg #461252

Thanks Susan - I can always count on u 4 something 'sweet'! n/m

Reply by Jessica/FL on 3/14/13 6:48pm
Msg #461241

The great thing about this business is that chances are you will never have to work with him again! I really don't care how friendly they are. I want to get in and out. Smile I had a man tell me not to say anything except point to where he had to sign. That was fine with me. (I did have to have him swear some of the documents to be true.) I was out in 20 minutes and he requested me to sign his other 2 investment properties. The LO was thrilled that he was pleased with the notary services and thanked me. He told me what a grouch the borrower was during the whole process.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/14/13 6:59pm
Msg #461242

Better than THAT....Went to a signing in a highbrow neighborhood (Blackhawk) at a RO. I gave the receptionist my business card and told are I had and appt for a loan signing with (named borrowers) and she showed me where the conference room was. Out of the corner of my eye I see someone come out of their office in a huffy and whisper to another "office dweller" saying "Ewe, how did HE get in here?'

I knew from that point on, it was going to be a long day. Turns out she was the loan officer. Yes I did!

Reply by Donna McDaniel on 3/14/13 7:04pm
Msg #461244

They don't like artists there in Blackhawk? n/m

Reply by Karla/OR on 3/14/13 7:45pm
Msg #461254

I so appreciate when other members tell their woes - it ALWAYS makes me feel better - like the (Biblical??) story about a man complaining of no shoes until he saw a man with no feet.

Thank you all.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/14/13 7:49pm
Msg #461258

Yes Karla but it's the stories that can't be told that's

sad.

Reply by Shan/CA on 3/14/13 9:37pm
Msg #461286

Re: Yes Karla but it's the stories that can't be told that's

I had to tell Mr. Borrower to sign the box that says, if he is or is not in a domestic partnership. The signing went downhill from there. He yelled, "I'm not a effin fa***t! I explained that domestic partnership meant unwed heterosexuals as well. He was pissed at me the remainder of the signing. Heck, is wasn't my form!

Reply by Karla/OR on 3/15/13 2:50pm
Msg #461375

I think I get your drift. n/m

Reply by Karla/OR on 3/15/13 2:52pm
Msg #461376

Sorry, this thread was meant for James. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.