Notary Rotary
Sat Closings
Notary Discussion History

Sat Closings
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by NVLSlady/VA on 3/23/13 6:21pm
Msg #462707

Sat Closings

I don't get called much for weekend signings - and not sure why; generally I'm fine with Sat, just NOT at 8 am! What's funny is, I had just gotten in from a signing last night, then got a call from TS for this morning. When I asked the time, I was sorry I even asked.

I said I could do it if the docs were ready (I just knew they wouldn't be!) AND if the borrower could push it back one hour. Miracles of miracles, docs WERE ready (Chase). I called borrower around 7 pm to confirm and SHE SAID "I thought it was canceled because they couldn't find anyone to do it!" I said, "yea, I think it was that sunrise (8am) signing." She was Perfectly fine with 9.

As for me, I had a perfectly wonderful short scenic drive in the Plains of VA and spent time with a most pleasant lady.

Who says Sat signings have to be boring!!

p.s. I must be one of those "lazy" notaries, 'cause I don't see me leaving before 8am Sat morning (except in rare cases)

Reply by hodgy on 3/23/13 9:14pm
Msg #462725

I would start at 6am if I could get some borrowers to get out of bed on time!

Reply by Teresa/FL on 3/23/13 11:25pm
Msg #462738

I just got home from a closing that was scheduled for 9:30pm but did not actually start until 11pm. The borrower's flight from Texas was delayed and his plane didn't get to Orlando until almost 10:30 tonight.

Nice people down from Gainesville and going on a cruise starting tomorrow. They had to sign tonight.

I much prefer late night closings to early morning. There's usually less traffic and the borrowers just want to sign and be done with it.

I've also got a 9am and 7:30pm scheduled for tomorrow.

Reply by sueharke on 3/24/13 1:50pm
Msg #462778

I had a Sat signing that was suppose to be done on Friday. One of the signers had a medical procedure with general anesthesia. I recall the instructions from the last two medical procedures my husband had with general anesthesia saying - don't sign any legal documents for 24 hours. I suggested a Saturday signing early in the morning, as both the signer's and I had plans for the day. I likened this to determining if a signer had capacity to sign - until the anesthesia wore off so the signer understand what he was signing.

I told the SS the issue and did not hear a word of complaint about the delay Smile

Reply by Eve/VA on 3/27/13 9:36am
Msg #463289

I love Sat closings, any time n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.