Notary Rotary
Scheduling
Notary Discussion History

Scheduling
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 3/14/13 3:04pm
Msg #461187

Scheduling

What do you do when they schedule you for days and days and then the file cancels or docs are not ready and they never let you know. You only knew of the cancellation after you called and asked.

Also when they schedule days in advance and you never hear from them, you email and call and no response.

Do signing entities wants us to just be in stand by, are they asking us to double book the time slot?

I was signing a BOA loan yesterday and the borrower told me that the notary changed the appt time to his/her advantage. She was so mad.

I can book 2 or 3 signings for the same time slot and just do who ever gets me docs first, but I will never do that. If the file cancels SS don't loose a dime they will get it when it reschedules but if you reserved that time for them and you did not take other appts, I think that's not fair for us notaries.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 3/14/13 3:07pm
Msg #461193

Welcom to our world. n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 3/14/13 3:19pm
Msg #461201

Starting to feel that nothing in the world of notaries is fair? you're right...we're a dime of dozen, right?

We all gotta get better clients who have the courtesy to keep us posted. Scheduling gets crazy by month end.

Two last month two schedulers didn't even bother to contact me to say documents not ready, monthend madness. As it turned out, I didn't care, but I could have tightened up my saturday...they both rescheduled the following week.

I just got one of those broadcast emails that likely went to all notaries in my zip for a signing today $100 including edocs...no other information...I'm sure someone scooped it up. It was an escrow officer in Manhattan Beach. Meanwhile I accepted two others at $150 each, I pu docs go to client's office and return to escrow...I don't print or make copies. less drama...like this better. I'm also not competing with other notaries.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 3/14/13 3:43pm
Msg #461209

"What do you do when they schedule you for days and days and then the file cancels or docs are not ready and they never let you know. You only knew of the cancellation after you called and asked.

Also when they schedule days in advance and you never hear from them, you email and call and no response."

What do I do? I cancel them and refuse to ever accept another signing request or phone call from them. I did that to 2 companies last year alone for those exact events.

I have a 2 hour cut off time for docs to be received. If not received, I reserve the right to cancel the signing request and turn it back to the hiring party or work to reschedule the signing with the BO's if both of our schedules permit. Regardless, I am in control of what I will do if docs are not received on time.

More often than not, when they will not respond back to you after scheduling you days in advance, it means that they used you as a place holder to so that they could tell TC that they got it scheduled, then they went shopping for a blue light special priced NSA and booked the job with him. They didn't contact you in case something happened with that NSA so that they could, once again, USE you.

If there are several days before the appointment and they are not responding to me, I would call and email them and give 24 hrs or so for them to respond. If still no response, I would send them a reply email to the original confirmation and turn it back to them. If they are honest, they will probably call you right away to try to work it out and if you still don't hear from them, you have opened your schedule back up to accept a real signing request.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.