Notary Rotary
Scrolling
Notary Discussion History

Scrolling
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Sandra G Holland on 3/24/13 8:59pm
Msg #462851

Scrolling

Am I missing something? How do I read all the posts on a topic at one time instead of having to click on each one, even if it is not something I need to read? All those extra clicks waste a lot of time. Sometimes I'm just looking for information, not everybody's commentary. I would much rather scroll down to see everyone's comments and decide to read what is important to me.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 3/24/13 9:05pm
Msg #462853

Choose the button labeled "Threaded" next to search button n/m

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 3/24/13 9:11pm
Msg #462855

Re: Choose the button labeled "Threaded" next to search button

Thanks, Mistarella, but it's not what I was asking for. When I click on mine, I can't see yours. I still have to click separately on yours in order to read it. I think I tried those options a few months ago and found nothing that was what I needed.

Reply by AngelaV/CA on 3/25/13 12:41am
Msg #462864

I agree the process of reading everyone's comments on a message is more time consuming than it needs to be. I tried the suggestion of the "threaded" button but nothing happened either. It would be easier if all comments showed without having to click on each one individually, or am I still missimg something?

Reply by jojo_MN on 3/25/13 10:32am
Msg #462886

So you have to click a button. Wow. I really like not having them just show up all at once. There are many posts each day and I don't have the time to scroll down thru every one of them. It is nice to just see the subject line and then read the ones that I am interested in. I love the fact that once you read it, it changes color. Then, when I have time, I can go back and read the others.

If the comments were all opened at once, you would have to scroll down pages and pages to get to the next one. Much more time consuming than just clicking on the next message. IMHO

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/25/13 10:39am
Msg #462888

I think that's how the numbers site and LinkedIn

are formatted. Numbers site the latest post is first...haven't found that setting on LinkedIN yet.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/25/13 10:40am
Msg #462889

Meant to add - I like it just as it is. n/m

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 3/25/13 10:58pm
Msg #463015

You miss the point, jojo. I want to speed read and get past the answers that do not pertain to my search. I can do this on another non-notary forum. I can scroll down without looking at my hands. I have been typing using home row since I was 16 years old. I don't hunt and peck. I don't want to search with my eyes for the next place to click and waste so much time in the long run. You still have your choices, but those of us who are busy and want efficiency would benefit with a good option. I find the half-sentences to choose from very annoying as well.

Reply by Shelly_FL on 3/25/13 12:06pm
Msg #462898

Sandra, there is a work around you may want to give a try.

If you use Foxfire or Chrome there is an extension you can add to the browser that displays a preview, of sorts, to active links within webpages. I use it to scan replies to posts with out having to click on each one.

I think it was PAW who pointed out this nifty little tool years ago. It is called Fastest Fox or Fastest Chrome for those who use Chrome. You can find it through Addons in Firefox and go to Tools, then Extensions in Chrome.

Reply by JPH13/MO on 3/25/13 1:18pm
Msg #462916

Shelly I added it but how do I get it to work? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.