Notary Rotary
Signing tonight with Realtor
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 3/25/13 11:25pm
Msg #463019

Signing goes very smooth as she knew what most of the Docs where. When we finished she thanked me and said, "you were so professional and I've been in the business for ten years and NEVER seen anybody give an oath to borrowers".

That is just sad!

Reply by Dennis_IN on 3/26/13 9:25am
Msg #463053

It is sad...

I had a Realtor at a closing last week make the comment " I've been in this business for over 30 years and this is the first time an Oath had been given to her clients. And yesterday a BO commented that they had refinanced several times and it was the first time they were asked to take an Oath. I must admit that I was not "taught" that the oath was required. Common sense tells you when the Notarial wording says "Subscribed and sworn before me"... you should administer an oath. Why won't Notaries follow proper procedure? Could this omission come back to haunt them?

Reply by signhere/ca on 3/26/13 10:21am
Msg #463062

At least once a week a borrower will look surpised when I administer the oath and say to me "we never had to do that before!" Same comments when signing so many times in a California Journal.

Reply by Eve/VA on 3/26/13 10:40am
Msg #463067

Same here n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.