Notary Rotary
Speedy Closing in NJ - very poor SC ratings - 2*'s
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 3/21/13 2:10pm
Msg #462351

just called for a signing on Monday. Told the guy I'm just looking at your ratings on Notary Rotary and you have a terrible pay reputation. He stated they could pay via PayPal ... after the signing.

Nope. Not gonna happen. Good luck!

Reply by sp/MI on 3/21/13 2:47pm
Msg #462362

I have done a few for them. I did one and was paid within 30 days, so when they called for the second one, I had no problem taking it. They pay what I asked for and paid on time.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 3/21/13 2:49pm
Msg #462363

Lucky You!

I waited 6 months!

Reply by walthtz on 3/21/13 2:51pm
Msg #462366

Re: Lucky You!

I waited close to a year & friends of mine still have NOT been paid. Over 2 years later.
Please take the assignment.
Then He wont call me.

Reply by ME/NJ on 3/21/13 3:05pm
Msg #462378

Walt I'll take his work if opening. Paid in 30.. np n/m

Reply by Roosevelt Hooker on 3/21/13 7:54pm
Msg #462449

Re: Walt I'll take his work if opening. Paid in 30.. np

I actually had an awesome experience with them. I did a signing and sent my invoice via Paypal. I noticed 30days went by and I had not received a check or paypal payment. Sent a reminder invoice and the next day got a call and the gentleman was extremely apologetic and said the money would be in my account within the hour and it was.

Reply by Suzibelle01 on 3/21/13 3:05pm
Msg #462380

Re: Lucky You!

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Speedy Closings. They have always paid me on time. I find them easy to work for.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/21/13 2:50pm
Msg #462365

You sure you're talking about the co. in NJ? n/m

Reply by JR/Fl on 3/21/13 3:56pm
Msg #462397

Re: You sure you're talking about the co. in NJ?

Frank, at speedy admitted the error of his ways and paid me for an invoice that was over two years old. I was afraid to post until the check cleared. Would I work for him again, tough call.

Reply by Amy Finney on 4/12/13 5:08pm
Msg #465471

Did a signing 3/11/13 and waiting to be paid. Called again, spoke to Frank and stated if we could resolve the payment issue today, I would put in a "good" word for him on NotRot. He stated either way 10 people would put 10 negative things so it doesn't matter...hmm...

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 3/21/13 5:58pm
Msg #462418

LOL, this is what I was posting about earlier today. I accepted a signing from Frank (yes, same co.) that met my fee and was in my "backyard." I had NO problems getting paid (within 3 weeks, I think) or during the process. I don't like being babysat - and no issues with them there.

As far as Speedy's "rating," I figure they only really have one way to go; if they "backslide" into bad practice, they won't do themselves in favors. If they want to "make things right," is that so bad?

I might add: A rating if truly based on non-pymt to notaries IS truly deplorable; however, we all know that if the really issue is Fees, lots of 3-4 star companies are listed in SC that do not pay Well/Fair

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 3/21/13 6:00pm
Msg #462419

typo: If the "real issue is Fees" n/m

Reply by walthtz on 3/21/13 10:31pm
Msg #462488

Re: typo: If the "real issue is Fees"

The real issue was never about fees. It has always been about getting paid in a timely fashion. I do not know about you, but I do not feel that I have to run after people to get paid. When 30 days turns into 6 months & only get more stories, promises & such & then after 9 months there is a problem.
I for one & I know others that will NEVER work for that (FRANK @ SPEEDY in NJ EVER AGAIN).
If you want to & don't mind chasing after him to get your money, that is completely up to you.
My life is too filled up with making money & having fun than to fight to get what is owed me.
Every job I accept is done professionally & there is NEVER a problem with my work. Speedy gets their money from title within a week after the closing. ( Don't berlieve that? call title on HUD & find out) Why must I wait several months, spend many hours on the phone to get paid & many hours with the courts just to get what is owed me. So in closing, You go work for him. Have fun running after him to get your money.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/22/13 7:26am
Msg #462511

It is not fees - it is as Walthtz says - not collecting fees

in a timely fashion.

The first paid in timely fashion - then found out about NR and checked it out. Couldn't believe the range of comments and thought perhaps there is another reason. The second signing too 13 mos - they I really understood the real issue: Just the same methodology as SOX, and others.

As for those in NJ: he has to humor them more due to being in close proximity and the laws of the state, but only if they give him some grief will he shape up quickly.

As walthz, I also don't like chasing my money so just don't work for the likes of this slippery eel.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/22/13 7:35am
Msg #462512

Correction: 2nd took 13 mos. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 3/22/13 8:50am
Msg #462519

I worked with them years ago, and wouldn't take any work

now. They have a really poor payment history, and makes lot of excuses.

Reply by MW/VA on 3/22/13 8:51am
Msg #462520

IMO co's. like this just don't get it. They make their

money from our efforts, but don't respect us enough to pay us in a timely manner. I don't know how they stay in biz.

Reply by Carol Vidovic on 8/7/13 11:52pm
Msg #479617

I am located in NJ and have done a lot of work for Speedy Closing. Frank can be gruff and he is a dead beat BUT if you talk to the right people there is all works out ok in my experience. Nothing surprises me with him, I've experienced being paid fast, slow, 6 months late, and even had 2 bounced checks from him.

RENEE is the brains at Speedy Closing, and she knows how to adjust Frank's attitude when needed. She will also put you in direct contact with the person that pays the bills, I forget his name but he is just as pleasant to work with.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.