Notary Rotary
The dog ate my business cards!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by LarryNY on 3/4/13 2:53pm
Msg #459153

I did an uneventful signing on Friday night and as I was packing up to leave, I realized that I did not give the borrower a business card (which I always do at the begining of the appointment). I reached into my case and lo and behold -- no cards. I know I had a pack of them tied up with a rubber band when I left my previous appointment. Mrs. borrower says "I bet the dog got them". I had placed my briefcase on the floor after I unpacked it at the beginning of the appointment and it had fallen on its side and I guess the cards spilled out. I now have a small pack of cards that has been nicely gnawed. Thankfully, nothing else was missign. NR business cards are very durable but.......
I did give the borrower one of the cards with the holes to remember both me and their dog.

Reply by Jessica/FL on 3/4/13 3:12pm
Msg #459158

Jimmy Chew's?!

I had a signing at a beautiful home. The borrower asked me if I could take off my shoes and leave them at the door. I get this request at about 30% of the signings. Needless to say, the dog ate most of my shoe. I have never been in a situation like this before. Good thing I wasnt wearing my Jimmy Choo's or Christian Louboutin's!

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/4/13 6:18pm
Msg #459183

I hope they offered to n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/4/13 6:20pm
Msg #459184

Pay for the shoes. And I can't figure out

Why my messages are posting too early.

Reply by Shan/CA on 3/4/13 6:26pm
Msg #459185

Re: Pay for the shoes. And I can't figure out

What? Are you serious? OMG! I have special shoes (Payless) for that reason. On one signing a freaking dog urinated, yes, urinated in, not on my dang shoe! I left them and had emergency shoes in my car. BO never reimbursed me. Lesson learned!

Reply by Jessica/FL on 3/4/13 6:44pm
Msg #459191

The BO didn't offer or reimburse me for my shoes either. OMG, I think I would take the eating of the shoe over urinating on my shoe. Frown

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/4/13 6:48pm
Msg #459192

"Why my messages are posting too early."

If you hit the Enter key when you're still on the subject line, an empty message will be posted. Use the Tab key or click into the message body area before you hit Enter, and all will be well...

Reply by Robert522TX on 3/4/13 6:27pm
Msg #459186

Re: Jimmy Chew's?!

I bought some shoe covers just for this type of thing...hopefully that will work so I don't have to worry about shoe surprises.
Took me a long time to find shoes that I can stand to wear without some critter eating them up! Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.