Notary Rotary
Tiny but Terriffic Tips
Notary Discussion History

Tiny but Terriffic Tips
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Rita Adu on 3/1/13 9:48am
Msg #458696

Tiny but Terriffic Tips

Hugh mentioned this topic in a previous post, and I think it's a great idea. I've been signing since 2006 & still come here to get helpful hints. You all never disappoint. So let's gather our best suggestions to help our fellow signers out.

I'll Start - ALWAYS start with the HUD1, no matter where it's located in the packet. It's always easier to sign when people know that their MONEY AINT FUNNY.

Reply by Resilient/MD on 3/1/13 9:59am
Msg #458702

2nd to the HUD-1, I do the Note and Payment Letter, RTC. Because they omost always want to know the terms of their loan confirmed and monthly payment.

Reply by Pam/NM on 3/1/13 2:09pm
Msg #458780

Verify the name

that is on their UNEXPIRED GOV'T ISSUED photo id over the phone and the spelling contained therein while on the phone for the initial confirmation call. Have them pull it out and look at it right then and there...twice I've caught expired dl's this way that b/o didn't know about, and numerous times there were names that were spelled differently. And request they make photocopies of the id.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/1/13 2:58pm
Msg #458789

Don't print and run - always take the time to check the

package to be sure it's complete and printed correctly.

An ounce (or in this case, 5 minutes) of prevention is worth a pound (or in this case, an hour) of cure.

Reply by Kat2857/CA on 3/1/13 5:01pm
Msg #458808

Alot of Initials are used............some I get others.............. Is there a list somewhere here on Notary Rotary.

Thanks

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/1/13 8:19pm
Msg #458845

Sorry do you mean acronyms? PM me. n/m

Reply by VT_Syrup on 3/1/13 8:40pm
Msg #458854

On the phone, verify whether the borrower's understanding about money to/from the borrower agrees with the HUD, and when money is to be collected, make sure the borrower plans to provide the form specified by title. Make sure the borrower knows who to make the check to.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/2/13 12:08pm
Msg #458919

Don't write in text-speak - spell it out. This is business - not kid stuff.

Reply by Priscilla Witman on 3/2/13 1:46pm
Msg #458927

Verify the address of the signing.

I once had a signing request for 25 miles away from the city I live in. When I called the borrower, they were actually signing in a city 80 miles in the opposite direction.

Reply by jba/fl on 3/2/13 2:48pm
Msg #458932

I can't count the times I've had that happen. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.