Notary Rotary
UGH what was people thinking today???
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by ToniK on 3/21/13 9:59pm
Msg #462481

So my 8am forgot we were to meet this morning. They didnt show up till 830am. Oh they went to the gym and then went to breakfast and mosied on home to find me sitting in my car trying to warm up before I left. Thanks for not answering your phone. She hopped out the car quick and kept apologizing the whole time we were signing.

My 10am was at his job where it was a secured govt facility (I used to work there), so no recordable devices allowed in. Oh and his ex-wife was to sign a document but no one informed him nor me that she was to be there. It was only one document but nevertheless he was furious.

My 4pm appt, the wife doesnt show up till 430 with bags of groceries. She was the one who initiated the refinance. Couple had 3 cats and one dog. Husband kept getting up to open and close patio door to let a cat and the dog out and in. Then he got distracted by the NCAA game on (I think it was..its basketball all I know) and got mad and threw his pen across the room, something about they were up 6 pts and now the team lost the lead and he had money riding on this game. Luckily wife and I talked about her daughter taking up Criminal justice as a degree program and wanting to be an FBI agent. Told her my experience (I have a crim just degree and worked for FBI in a previous life) and that daughter should look into another degree, crim just is worthless. Daughter wants to be a profiler.

530 appt and non-borrowing owner (his sister) did not show up till 612pm. Luckily it was only about 7 docs. Signed and left.

I dont know what was in the water today but it seems alot of people were just doing their own thing.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 3/21/13 10:17pm
Msg #462483

<<money riding on this game>>

Funny, when it's someone else's money on the line, everything shifts. Both borrowers of mine were on the phone when I arrived at their home this week - wife on LD overseas call and husband trying to reach LO. I didn't mind that so much, but he called LO again even after I briefly explained what his closing fees were. I prefer they hear it from the lender anyway (and save my voice). But all that made me late for another appt (not a signing). I asked the wife, "Didn't you say you had a class?" "Oh, it was Zumba - and it was canceled."

And that's not the 1st time borrower has let me know they had to get to an exercise class! Everybody's got their priorities/distractions I guess Smile

Reply by Clem/CA on 3/21/13 10:30pm
Msg #462487

and

I am sorry I am here to Id you and watch you sign, initial, and date in the correct places, if you are not ready to do that the I will make a new appointment, I am not here to go over numbers, or the agreement that you made with your LO. I f you are not ready to sign I will be have to go on my way and would be happy to come back when you are ready to sign. I appreciate your time, but must provide service to the rest of my clients. Thank you for your understanding. Love, me. Could be a note. Could be a conversation.... Whatever! Not going to f up my day for a Du Mas

Reply by Linda Juenger on 3/21/13 10:54pm
Msg #462491

Re: and

Had a doozie this morning also. Get there and she is babysitting a 2yr old that cries and cries for his mommy. She did everything she could think of to satisfy him. After about 15 min he calmed down and we sat to sign. Then, she gets up and makes herself a cup of coffee in the microwave. We sign a few more then she gets up to make the 2yr old a snack which he didn't even ask for. Then she answers her cell phone and talks for almost 5 min. Then she gets up to put a different movie in for the 2yr old. The 2yr old is just fine. He was content with the movie she put in the first time. Ugh. Didn't say a word, but just kind of irritated me.

But tonight was different. I had signed their loan in 09 and they still had my business card from back then and when I called to confirm they were happy. They had cake and coffee ready for me. I talked them into signing first, then we can chat and eat. Lovely people. Could have sat there for hours and talked to them. So, we take the good with the not so good. It takes all kinds to make this world go around.

Reply by Sha/CA on 3/22/13 12:25am
Msg #462499

Re: and n/m

Reply by Sha/CA on 3/22/13 12:27am
Msg #462500

Sorry, no comment. n/m

Reply by ikando on 3/22/13 10:05am
Msg #462528

Re: and

Linda, I had one like yours with the 2-year-old. It may not have been a shining hour for me, but after the fourth interruption, it so happened I got a phone call and I took it. After I finished that call, everybody settled down and we completed the signing. I think sometimes people think because we're coming into their home, they can carry on as they wish, whereas if they'd gone to an office, it would be business.

Reply by Karla/OR on 3/22/13 2:06am
Msg #462505

I agree truly there must have been something i the air or water this week after reading these posts. Had my own quirky closing (& posted it here). Or could it be there is a full moon? I used to hate coming to work at the phone company when there was a full moon - the strange come out of the walls!!! But I also had some great people this week too!

Reply by Pat/IL on 3/22/13 8:33pm
Msg #462612

Yikes!

I had one of those today, too! Both husband and wife were late, both took and made phone calls and text messages throughout the signing. About the rudest borrowers I hav ever sat with. They would apologize, then immediately repeat the same rude behavior.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.