Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Vital signings is now creative signings.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Shoshana/AZ on 3/27/13 6:56pm
Msg #463397

They called and asked me to be a witness on a doc in the loan package. I told the scheduler that in AZ the notary is not allowed to be a witness. she said thank you and hung up! some stupid newbie is going to take that job!

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 3/27/13 7:57pm
Msg #463422

The scheduler actually called me back and told me I was right! She asked me if i could do it AND provide 2 witnesses. I told her I had enough to do without searching under a rock for witnesses which, by the way, she said they would pay for.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 3/27/13 8:05pm
Msg #463426

You should have taken it and let the signers

provide the witnesses - or if they can only provide one, take your husband along as one - let him get a Witness fee - that's what I do.

Or, if all else fails - close it in a public place (like MacDonalds or something) and ask two people in there to be witnesses...they don't need to know the peoples' business - they just need to watch them sign. I've pulled people out of line at a pizza place to act as witnesses.

JMO

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/27/13 9:01pm
Msg #463434

Yep...what Linda said. The staff at Hardees loves me~~ n/m

Reply by Teresa/FL on 3/27/13 9:21pm
Msg #463438

I meet people at Chick-fil-A or the Starbucks inside Barnes

& Noble. Less than a mile from my house and lots of witnesses available.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 3/27/13 10:23pm
Msg #463452

They did not want to sign in a public place. I asked. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.