Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Wasn't there a post on stamp ink color and now...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 3/13/13 7:57am
Msg #460905

instructions for this package are: All stamps must be black in color. All hand printed information must be in black ink. All signatures must be in blue. Is this getting to be a bit much or am I cranky today.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/13/13 8:06am
Msg #460907

Is this for a MI property or TC located in MI? n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/13/13 10:13am
Msg #460924

Yes MI. Why is this? Not required for recording in NC n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/13/13 10:29am
Msg #460928

Sorry TC in MI/property in NC n/m

Reply by hodgy on 3/13/13 9:37am
Msg #460916

If they want blue ink then it's ALL blue ink

I have seen the blue ink for signatures and black for hand printed items. If it requires blue ink then as far as I am concerned it's ALL in blue ink. I never use both and haven't had a problem.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 3/13/13 9:43am
Msg #460918

Re: If they want blue ink then it's ALL blue ink

What state will the recordable documents be recorded in? Maybe the recorder has this requirement. Or, maybe the recorder requires printed, including hand printed, information in black and somebody else requires signatures in blue.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/13/13 11:12am
Msg #460945

Had this same request last week.

Usually around here, I'm used to blue ink only. Called TC to inquire and was told that was a generic instruction. Okay to use either or for them in my area but, thanked me for requesting clarification.

Reply by Julie/MI on 3/13/13 11:21am
Msg #460949

Stupid interpretation

The intent of the public act was that the printed part, ie the context of the document or preprinted form be in black, in other words don't use blue/purple/green/red toner to print the context of the document as they felt that not all colors would copy (which is a joke in my county as the revenue stamps are still done in red ink and reproduce just fine).

Signature can be in blue, but if the notary block has to be filled in such as the venue or mortgagor(s) name have to be added, you really may use blue, but some moron county clerk's and the county corporation counsel have decided that the additional portion must be in black.

So they are stupid, and truthfully when I do closings at title companies they some use blue for everything and all the docs get recorded.

However, because the counties are not all on the same page, the outstate title companies or signing services just put that in there so it's all printing is done in black and it just saves headaches.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 3/13/13 11:34am
Msg #460951

Thanks Julie for the Clarification! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.