Notary Rotary
What in the world.....
Notary Discussion History

What in the world.....
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by BossLadyMD on 3/1/13 4:17pm
Msg #458797

What in the world.....

I went to two different locations within 5 miles of each other to try and get a simply letter notarized here in Maryland today. I didnt tell either person that I, too, am a notary.

The first one was at a postal solutions store. She took my driver's license and was going to make a copy and I asked, 'What are you doing that for?' And she replied that I have to per law. WHAT?????!?!?!?! No thank you, give me back my ID on to the next......

At the local bank, this guy asked for my thumbprint and when I rebuffed he said it 'really' wasnt necessary afterall.

I feel sorry for the general public - this was scary..................................

Reply by CopperheadVA on 3/1/13 7:07pm
Msg #458818

About two years ago I had my signature notarized at my bank. After the notarization, the bank notary wanted to make a copy of my ID and I refused. I have no problem with a journal, but I will not give the notary a copy of my ID for a simple notarization. I complained to the Sec of State and they said she can do that if she wants to!!! UGH!

Reply by desktopfull on 3/1/13 10:10pm
Msg #458863

Why would they even need a copy? Look at it to verify name but that's all they need to do with your license.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.