Notary Rotary
What to do when you get no reply
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Brenda/FL on 3/7/13 12:24pm
Msg #459800

I am doing a debt settlement as a favor to Notary/friend in my area. I sent an email to hiring party asking them to reply, confirming I would get paid if client does not sign or cancels. I have not received a reply and I am also unable to reach client to confirm. Appt. Is today at 4, 60 miles roundtrip. Curious as to what you would do in this situation?

Reply by JPH13/MO on 3/7/13 12:40pm
Msg #459802

If you do a search on "debt settlement" you will see that many of us will not do these, no matter what. In this instance I would certainly not drive any distance without first getting the confirmation you need. What if you go and no-one is home? What if they later reply that they will not pay you on your terms?

Reply by Eve/VA on 3/7/13 12:42pm
Msg #459803

No confirmation, no signing but send a written explanation

for your records.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/7/13 1:18pm
Msg #459814

Make sure your "friend" is willing to pay you for the favor.

Reply by Brenda/FL on 3/7/13 1:30pm
Msg #459818

I gave her 2 hours to reply and just emailed her that I am turning it back. Funny how someone can reply when they want something but ignore emails regarding fees.

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/7/13 1:49pm
Msg #459822

Yep..happens all the time in this NO LOYALTY business. I also quote "wimpy" ( on Popeye cartoons) on this, "I'll pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today"!

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/7/13 6:40pm
Msg #459942

Actually, the exact Wimpy quote is

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!"

Smile

Reply by MikeC/TX on 3/7/13 6:38pm
Msg #459939

I would first wonder about what kind of "friend" this actually is. I would also absolutely refuse to make that kind of trip without a confirmation. I would also not handle a debt settlement in the first place, because that business is too shady.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/9/13 3:24am
Msg #460194

Ditto. Says a lot about a person's character! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.