Notary Rotary
commercial loan refi
Notary Discussion History

commercial loan refi
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by notarydi/CA on 3/21/13 6:24pm
Msg #462427

commercial loan refi

any tips? plan on going slow and making sure I don't miss anything. Wish I had docs ahead of time, but they are being delivered direct to high profile borr. anyone experienced with this type of loan documents? Have spoken with escrow and gotten direction there. Any other input/experience is greatly appreciated.....thanks in advance......

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 3/21/13 6:44pm
Msg #462430

I've done only two. There were both HUGE, but nothing difficult. There may be docs in there that are different from what we're used to seeing, so do like you said: go slow, look for hidden stuff so you don't miss anything.

Reply by Lee/AR on 3/21/13 6:52pm
Msg #462432

Yep. HUGE beyond anything you've ever seen.

And that's why you're not seeing the docs. Hope you got a really good fee.

Reply by notarydi/CA on 3/21/13 7:08pm
Msg #462434

Re: Yep. HUGE beyond anything you've ever seen.

Yes, scheduler was not aware this was commercial. So, we are working on that fee.

Reply by ananotary on 3/21/13 8:28pm
Msg #462459

70% of my signings are commercial. They are the easiest,

smallest Chase packages around. Occasionally I will get a huge beast but usually that is because it includes the loan, SBA loan and bridge loan. Yes, for those you would charge much more. For a standard commercial loan, nah. The borrowers are more savy and have most times already reviewed the docs.

Reply by Julie/MI on 3/21/13 8:28pm
Msg #462460

Some can be small some can be very very very very big! I had once arrive in a FED ex Box!

I would say there probably are not as many signatures as on a VA refi, but there are a lot of pages in between the first page and the signature page and sometimes. So the stack may be high and mighty, but the signatures are few.

The good news is that if the docs are arriving to the high profile borrower, someone usually puts the flags on. Don't take less than $175 Wink

Sometimes the spouse has to sign the guarantees and the mortgage and assignment of lease and rents. Usually not many to notarize.

Reply by ananotary on 3/21/13 8:52pm
Msg #462464

In some cases you will need to notarize the signatures

of the same party in different capacities. Such as lessor and lessee. Kinda weird if you're not used to it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.