Notary Rotary
help...
Notary Discussion History

help...
Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by notarydi/CA on 3/4/13 6:32pm
Msg #459187

help...

have signing @ 6:00. DOT has last two ackn pages pre-printed....one as "Jane Doe, and a second pre-printed ackn page as "Jane Doe, as trustee". I can only complete the ackn as to her as Jane Doe individual, correct? Sig page of DOT has two sig lines, one as individual and one as trustee. I do have trust cert, but, I still don't think I can do ackn with her as capacity as trustee....thoughts?

Reply by Notarysigner on 3/4/13 6:35pm
Msg #459188

verify with your hiring party how they want it signed...always. I have done them both ways,at the request of the hiring party!

Reply by notarydi/CA on 3/4/13 6:39pm
Msg #459189

thanks. Hiring party has told me I can only complete the one as individual, not as trustee. Just was curious if anyone else had come up against this. Ran the scenario by SOS and she said to contact a real estate attorney for direction. enough said.....

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/4/13 7:05pm
Msg #459194

Have borrower sign however hiring party instructs - they may want signature as an individual and then second signature as trustee. HOWEVER, when it comes to your notary block, you are only acknowledging borrower as the individual. We do NOT notarize capacity.

Reply by IAC on 3/5/13 9:50am
Msg #459267

Last week had a huge trustee pkg. ALWAYS ck w/SS co. for their instruction, get person name.

Reply by Pam/NM on 3/5/13 2:16pm
Msg #459315

Be on the look out

for an RTC with the trustee listed also...had a rm that I missed that on...one for b/o and one for b/o as trustee...ended up not sending enough back--my error.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.