Notary Rotary
wonderful start of day just venting
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to March, 2013 Index

Posted by Joe/NC on 3/28/13 11:04am
Msg #463485

I accepted a signing yesterday for a closing where the borrower was to sign for his wife. I was told that there would be fax backs but signing company was not sure size of package nor how many fax backs.

I assumed just a normal package of maybe 120 pages and maybe 20 pages of faxbacks, I was able to get an offer of $150.

I received the package and it is 203 pages and they want the whole package scanned and emailed.

I had to wait 3 hours until someone was in office because they are on the west coast, I told them that I could not do this for the price that I was offered. I want an additional $100 for the larger package and to scan.

In meantime I reached out to borrower to let him know I may need to move appointment that I needed to talk to title on some issues and to make sure he had power of attorney.

he told me he mailed original to lender and emailed copy to mortgage people.
SO he does not have copy.

I cannot notarize without the signed copy to show he has poa. I am now been on phone all morning with title on these issues and called signing company when they opened told them of the situation with poa and large package. I told title I will print 1 set and no scanning for the fee I was promised, I would need additional fee if they wanted scanning.

Here I sit, I do have 3 other closings for today so I cant wait too long.

Joe/NC

Reply by Linda Juenger on 3/28/13 11:16am
Msg #463488

Don't ya just love when you put soooo much time into a signing and not a single doc has been signed yet. The phone calls, emails, waiting and we are not paid for this. Feel your pain and its frustrating.

Reply by pan/nd on 3/28/13 11:50am
Msg #463497

At the point where they wanted the entire 203 pages scanned and e-mailed back to them is

where I would blow the whistle and throw it back.

There are bigger fish to catch than that outfit

Reply by Yoli/CA on 3/28/13 4:17pm
Msg #463567

Feel your pain, Joe!

For future, may I suggest when accepting job, state (or reiterate) to hiring party that the agreed-to fee covers up to xxx pages to print and, if you've discussed fax/scan-backs, the number of scan-backs covered by your fee. In other words, all details so there's no question or argument later on. That way, when you receive docs and instructions and you find as what you describe, you simply call or email them with amended fee and request a corrected confirmation.

Again, just a suggestion. This seems to work well for me.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 3/29/13 1:10am
Msg #463637

Just curious... Is that a NC thing for you to have to prove he's the AIF? Different states may have different requirements, but in my state, if a tc notifies me that someone will be signing by power of attorney, or if someone tells me that for GNW, it's not up to me to prove they have a valid POA for the other person whose name they're signing. If the assignment comes from a tc, I'm going to assume they've done THEIR job to check it out and make sure it has lender approval. For general notary stuff, if loan docs are involved, I'd probably ask if they already have lender approval, but beyond that, it's not really my call to make. Again, this is just for here.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.