Notary Rotary
2 FOR ONE SALE!
Notary Discussion History

2 FOR ONE SALE!
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 10/16/13 8:21pm
Msg #488381

2 FOR ONE SALE!

I saw this on another forum and just had to post this "copy". The person who posted this is also a member here....I don't know why they didn't put it here but I felt it should be. I felt EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THID CRAP!

" This is the E-Mail I received from a Signing Service I work with Wed, Oct 9, 2013 Due to revised mandates from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and major national lenders, background checks considered valid for 2 years are only valid for 1 year.

You likely work for these national lenders through us and other signing services, so we want to help you with the cost associated with this change. You will need to comply with these changes to continue working with these lenders. Good news. The XYZ and Crimcheck have free and discounted options.

Complete one of the following options and reply with your updated background check by November 1, 2013: Option One (the FREE option): The XYZ will update your existing XYZ 2-year background check for free to a 1-year background check. If you have a 2-year background check from the XYZ, contact them to request a 1-year background check. Free. Simple. Option Two (the discount option): The XYZ will give you a discount if you had a background check completed by another vendor (LexisNexis, Crimcheck, etc.). They will subtract the cost of that background check from their $65 background check. Contact the XYZ and have proof of the other vendor’s cost available. Option Three (the paid option): Buy a 1-year background check from the XYZ for $65 or buy one from Crimcheck for $35. If you’d like to order a background check from Crimcheck that fulfills the requirements of all national lenders, please go to https://clients.crimcheck.com/applink/SIGNATUREEXTERNAL/ Whichever method you choose, we must receive an updated background check from you by November 1, 2013. You may email it to [e-mail address] (preferred), or you may fax it to (888) 677-6866.

Thank you for your partnership and please know we will continue to look for ways to ease the burdens of compliance and regulation for you, our partners. "

CRAZY STUFF!

Reply by MikeC/TX on 10/16/13 11:09pm
Msg #488389

Very crazy, considering that a BGC is really only valid for the day it was done, since it's just a snapshot of your prior life.... What the heck are these people thinking?

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/17/13 1:22am
Msg #488392

I presume that the $65 BGC from XYZ is only available to people who already have both memberships and their certification. When I called for more info, I was told that my only option (unless I wanted to buy the whole shebang, was the $99 one that included the certification exam and the BGC. (It did include a free re-screen and re-exam the 2nd year.)

So far, I already have a BGC from here (not to mention the one I had to pay for to get my commission) and haven't decided if - or with whom - I'm going to get anything else.

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/17/13 7:51am
Msg #488405

WHAT I found really crazy was the fact that if you

havd/had paid for a two year BGC and now it is only good for one year WAS they are offering a discount to those paying for ANOTHER BGC AAAH It should be free since you already paid for it and THEY voided the second year.

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/17/13 10:29am
Msg #488429

James =>My point precisely in my post yesterday to Harry! :D n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 10/17/13 7:47am
Msg #488403

It is all crazy. It's too bad these cos. feel intimidated &

follow along to try to meet the requirement. ;-( IMO, this is just another example of XYZ's marketing tactics--sell it on both sides--first create the demand, and then the supply.

Reply by Les_CO on 10/17/13 10:05am
Msg #488426

Re: It is all crazy. It's too bad these cos. feel intimidated &

If you think this a PITA for us, think of the SS that have thousands of Notaries to contact, and get a confirmation (screenshot) proof of their having a NNA BGC ‘certificate’ and sending it on to Fidelity….just because FNF (or their subsidiaries Fidelity National, Alamo, Chicago, Commonwealth, Ticor, Lawyers, and ServiceLink) says this is a requirement of certain lenders by November 1. And even if you were to request a BGC from the NNA it takes more than 15 days to get one. I believe some non-thinker assumed this pronouncement would be easy,(and done by some subordinate) not understanding to could entail getting, and storing info (every year) from over 50 thousand notaries nationwide….And when they find out all the repercussions they will modify this absurd requirement. But as you say this could (and probably will) be a multi million dollar windfall to the NNA.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.