Notary Rotary
2 page notarization
Notary Discussion History

2 page notarization
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Mike Goodey on 10/16/13 6:35pm
Msg #488375

2 page notarization

I have a question about notarizing a document that runs over to a second page. I'm sorry if this has been answered before. The acknowledgement wording begins on the 1st page. " I certify under PENALTY OF PERJURY under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing paragraph is true and correct," is on the second page along with the notary signature line and room for the seal. Would anyone sign this second page and place their seal there or would you just add an acknowledgement and leave their ack blank? This is an all California deal. Thanks for your help.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/16/13 6:49pm
Msg #488376

Complete verbiage must be on one page.

I would attach a APA, one line through original with "see attached" plus my initials. Some notaries have a stamp they use rather than writing out "see attached."

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/16/13 7:13pm
Msg #488378

Yolanda's right... one page only

The ENTIRE notarial certificate must be on a single page. If you're given a document where the certificate crosses pages. You can't use it. Attach a loose certificate.

This is from the 2012 newsletter from the Secretary of State:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/forms/notary-newsletter-2012.pdf

Page 2:

"The certificate of acknowledgment, including your signature and impression of your official seal, must be completely on one page. The official seal is not to be stamped on a separate page of the document."

Page 4:

"The entire jurat, including your signature and stamp, must be on one page. The official seal is not to be stamped on a separate page of the document."

Reply by Mike Goodey on 10/16/13 7:59pm
Msg #488380

Re: Yolanda's right... one page only

Well, if I had known that the SOS of California knew as much as you two, I would have gone to their website!
Thank you so much, I kind of figured it had to be on one page...don't know why I second guessed myself.

Reply by sueharke on 10/16/13 8:48pm
Msg #488383

Re: Yolanda's right... one page only

Mike, thank you for giving credit to the other wonderful notaries who replied to your question.

Reply by Kat2857/CA on 10/17/13 9:29am
Msg #488416

Marian...................

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for all your posts. You are a wealth of information. You answer many repetitive ones with class. It truly shows that you like what you do. You should strongly consider teaching notary/Loan classes.
I appreciate your time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.