Notary Rotary
Another SS falls by my wayside - SKye Closings
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 10/4/13 1:59pm
Msg #487018

Says I must have certification and background check by XYZ, (no alternatives at all) a resume, a photo and complete the required notary testing. I have only done one signing for them a long time ago, so I know I won't be jumping through their hoops. This time it is not the GLB, but the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).

Busy work.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/4/13 2:09pm
Msg #487019

Worked with them often a few years ago

they always met my fee with no problem..

Last few calls this year they can't meet my fee - what they pay is about 30-35% lower than my normal fee - mind you my normal fee hasn't changed one iota since 2006.

Shame - I liked working with them.

Reply by Luckydog on 10/4/13 5:10pm
Msg #487043

Re: Worked with them often a few years ago

Perhaps when they lose good notaries because of their intolerance of what they want "Their way" they will bend a bit. A background check is a background check...I think when they require only "this one from this company" someone must be getting a cut back from that company. I used the Notary Rotary one, but ordered through Negretes and never had an issue from anyone. JMHO

Reply by LKT/CA on 10/4/13 5:40pm
Msg #487051

What I believe companies will end up doing...

....is what was done to James - telling the SA that the "requirements" aren't necessary (so the orders can be filled), then holding the SA's fee hostage until the SA sends in those requirements.

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/4/13 6:14pm
Msg #487057

Re: Unbelievably I don't have one of their

invoices in my AR. If any of you do I will trade you an HVR invoice for a Skye invoice - worth about the same.

Reply by Robert Wells on 10/4/13 6:16pm
Msg #487058

Re: Unbelievably I don't have one of their

I have done a number of closings for Skye. I just received an email wanting my new notary commission since my current one expires next month. Have not had problems with fees or payments - they even do direct deposit.

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/4/13 7:39pm
Msg #487063

They argued with me about $5.00 I told them I wanted $125 plus $5.00 for bridge toll. They (she) told me "other" notaries did it for just $125 and that I was being ridiculous to turn down a signing because of FIVE dollars.
I guess they were on a TIGHT budget!

Reply by Robert522TX on 10/4/13 8:20pm
Msg #487069

It also says on their website that you have to get the NNA background check yearly! Thought they were supposed to be good for 2 years!

Reply by jba/fl on 10/5/13 1:32am
Msg #487088

Really, when you think about it, the BKG check is like an AIDS test: good the day it is run only.

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/5/13 4:43am
Msg #487093

Funny, Julie! [but true] :D n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 10/5/13 10:22am
Msg #487105

I've found them to be one of those cos. that wants a lot but

pays a lower fee. I haven't done anything for them recently, though.

Reply by LynnNC on 10/5/13 11:00am
Msg #487113

I'm going to get the certification/background check

It is a pain, but only costs $99 and some time. The fee for one closing will pay for it.

Skye's major client, ValuAmerica, requires the background check be by XYZ.

In the meantime, they have accepted my NR background check until I get the one from XYZ, which will take a week.

They followed up with me 3 times when I didn't respond to their email, and I am glad they did. They obviously value me as a vendor and they are good folks.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.