Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Another Signing Service requiring you know what....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 10/13/13 6:34pm
Msg #487976

This one from ATS:

"Dear Notary/Signing Agent,

ATS Document Service has been informed that as of November 1, 2013, all notaries conducting signings for certain large lenders will be required to have a background check through the National Notary Association (NNA).

If you have completed a background screening through the NNA, please send us a copy of the certificate you received stating that you are a “NNA Certified and Background Screened Notary Signing Agent.” If you are not background screened through the NNA and wish to provide notary services for these lenders, please contact the NNA to complete the process. We have been informed that at this time only NNA background checks will be accepted.

You may forward your certificate to ATS either by fax [XX] or by email [XX]. Even if you have previously sent this information to ATS, we request that you send it again at this time.

If we do not have your certificate on file, you can still perform signings for our clients, but not for any transactions requested by these lenders.

For any questions, please feel free to contact Jolene or Jeri at [XX].

Thank you,
ATS DOCUMENT SERVICE, INC."

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/13/13 6:39pm
Msg #487978

This letter sounds remarkably similar to the

other ones that have been sent out - like "here's a form letter - scan it and e-mail it"...jeez

Reply by MW/VA on 10/13/13 6:52pm
Msg #487979

I agree, Linda. The "order" obvioiusly came down from

FNF, claiming that ALL the major lenders are requiring NNA cert/bgc's. This kind of thing was going on when I started in this biz in 2006, and I did go that route until I figured out what NNA was really about. I still have to make a decision as to whether I'm going to be "coerced" into complying with all that again. It's very frustrating. I feel like it's another situation of "taking hostages". Heck, if the gov. get away with it, of course everyone else if going to follow suit.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/13/13 6:53pm
Msg #487980

I just looked - I got the e-mail too - funny thing is

I can't remember the last time I worked for this company.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/13/13 7:49pm
Msg #487988

Re: I just looked - I got the e-mail too - funny thing is

The last time I completed something for them was 2011, I think. They were really lovely to work with, but it took forever to get paid. I'd say that longest I'd ever had to wait, in fact. More recent reviews on SC seem to indicate more timely payment.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/13/13 8:02pm
Msg #487991

Re: I just looked - I got the e-mail too - funny thing is

I had one for them just Friday. Keep you posted on timely payment.

Reply by JimAZ on 10/13/13 8:14pm
Msg #487992

Has anyone received this new NNA requirement from the national title companies?,,,,,LSI, Title Source, Service Link. I haven't.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/13/13 8:51pm
Msg #487994

I suspect it's a partnership thing with FirstAm... (FAMS)

FirstAm and the NNA appear to have partnered in some fashion. We know that back in June at their conference, the keynote speaker was from FistAm... delivering that (in)famous line about how notaries are the most essential part of the loan signing process. Since then, the NNA has really been promoting them... almost annoyingly so.

http://youtu.be/DOFlVEckuRA

If you go to their main website...you'll see right on the front page a link for notaries to sign up to work with First American.

Reply by JimAZ on 10/13/13 9:08pm
Msg #487995

Re: I suspect it's a partnership thing with FirstAm... (FAMS)

I wouldn't bother signing up with a three star company.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/13/13 9:22pm
Msg #487997

No...but many of the business uneducated who consider everything the NNA says to be Notary Gospel definitely would.

Oddly enough, FASS won't put me in their system because I won't agree to their ridiculous fee structure... using the excuse that they don't need agents in my area. My area, which has less than 5 halfway decent loan signing agents in a 75 mile radius. Yet, individual FirstAm title officers often call me and hire me directly and willingly pay 3-4+ times the fees the signing service wants to pay out. Telling me that they can't find anyone or that the last notary they hired completely botched the file. It's ridiculous, really.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/13/13 9:27pm
Msg #487999

Hang out for the big bucks, when they realize where you are and how hard it is to get people out there or to go where you go.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/14/13 7:47am
Msg #488018

Jim, I know you've been very successful in this biz. Do you

have a NNA bcg or any ties to them? Many of us don't/won't.

Reply by JimAZ on 10/14/13 10:03am
Msg #488036

Re: Jim, I know you've been very successful in this biz. Do you

Nope and nope

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.