Notary Rotary
Another point of view
Notary Discussion History

Another point of view
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by ikando on 10/21/13 3:22pm
Msg #488991

Another point of view

Sorry Hugh and others who are tired of the XYZ discussions, but I have another point of view.

Seems to me, beyond the anti-trust law perspective, and even beyond the fact that more and more lenders/TCs are requiring XYZ-only NSAs, is the fact that a PRIVATE BUSINESS is becoming the defacto sole conduit for services.

Every time a company locksteps behind the XYZ requirements for service providers, that company is promoting an entity that really does not represent a very large portion of the Notary Signing Agent population. But because those companies mandate that in order to offer them our services, we MUST belong to and buy our certification/BGC ONLY from that business, they are pushing other viable options for service to their clients away from the table. And that may ultimately cost everybody.

At some point, something's gotta give, but the weight at this time appears to be in XYZs favor so that a private business is monopolizing the providing of a service. Seems like AT&T did that at one point. In the meantime, the lending/title companies should have to bear the consequences of going to a single option business provider. And many NSAs will move on to more lucrative, income-producing options.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/21/13 8:08pm
Msg #489022

Nothing will change until n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/21/13 8:19pm
Msg #489026

Re: Nothing will change until

notaries become united. I for one am
pushing back on only NNA BGC. Until I get a real answer as to why this is needed I'm not paying my $99 to NNA. And has anyone asked why we need these BGC? Why do they need a DMV record? If I have a speeding ticket are they not going to allow me to handle their loans ? Or is it a DUI or a vehicular homicide? What difference does it make where I have lived or who my relatives are? What information in this special BGC will disqualify you from handling their business???? If it's just a felony then all you need is a crim arrest BGC which you can get for about $29 on various sites. So far not one company has been able to tell me why they need this. Many of you post that we are our self responsible for our own costs, well this is one business expense I cannot justify at this point. Imagine if no one got that NNA BGC. Who would close those loans?

Reply by sueharke on 10/21/13 8:38pm
Msg #489028

Re: Nothing will change until

The newbies who buy this crap. The experienced notaries would then have to be hired, on the notaries terms, to fix the badly signed loans. There are always exceptions to every company rule when it is in the companies favor.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 10/22/13 12:19pm
Msg #489110

They won n/m

Reply by Darlin_AL on 10/22/13 12:22pm
Msg #489112

My profile w/them shows expiring E&O 'cause not from them!

that is, I purchased it here, and the one I rec'd from them last year is expiring, so when my profile is opened---just looks bad. Of course, I put the new $100K E&O in my "notes"---but we all know that's not the same thing. To be fair, I have not complained to them about this yet as I just saw it. Anyone else have this situation w/their profile on the xyz site?

Reply by Teresa/FL on 10/22/13 2:06pm
Msg #489126

I have the same problem

When I brought it to their attention, they said I should include my E & O info in my notes.

I told them I thought the way they have this set up would exclude me from being shown in the search results when companies are looking for someone in my area. They said that the E & O field is not searchable, so it has no affect.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.