Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Anyone else get a message from Sand Castle?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Robert Wells on 10/9/13 9:04pm
Msg #487576

I received this email yesterday. Anyone else heard from these folks? Why do they think notaries would be willing to do this kind of work?

Hello,

We found you listed on Notary Rotary or Reo Network. We have a field visit/letter delivery available in the following area(s):

Cary, OH 43316

We typically pay $15 to $25 for these and need completed within 2 days if possible. It is a one-time attempt letter delivery on behalf of the customer’s client. The letter is asking the customer to call the client regarding their account. If the customer is not home, the letter can be left taped to the door. Photos of the property and/or collateral (vehicle) may be required.

Let me know if you would be able to complete this one for us and what YOUR FEE would be. If you are not interested and know someone that may be please let us know that as well.

Thank you,

Michele
Interested in signing on with us as an Independent Contractor? Click here to complete a pre-application or visit our website http://www.sandcastlefs.com/ and click on careers to apply.
Sand Castle Field Services
Phone: (262) 754-6006
Fax: (262) 754-6008

Reply by Teresa/FL on 10/9/13 9:17pm
Msg #487578

I did. Told them I'm not interested. n/m

Reply by Robert522TX on 10/9/13 9:45pm
Msg #487581

I get these from time to time and delete them n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/10/13 6:11am
Msg #487592

Yep - this is how they schedule..I delete too n/m

Reply by BobbiCT on 10/10/13 7:02am
Msg #487595

LOL - photos of vehicle ???

ROFLOL.

So if the debtor isn't home, because s/he is in the vehicle that you have to photograph.
How many trips do you make before your get the photo to collect $15?
Do you park on the street waiting for the debtor to come home to photograph the vehicle?

Doesn't sound like anything I would want to try, particularly if the person has already been avoiding service.

Volume FedEx 2-day delivery with no-signature required receipt is less than $25. No photographs, but sender has instant proof-of-delivery e-mail receipt. So why search the internet for an unknown, unseen individual to do this work. Of course, FedEx requires good credit and payment in advance.

Reply by Regal/NC on 10/10/13 7:35am
Msg #487597

Yes, worked with them since 2006

the trick is to negotiating your fee. I receive between $30 to $45. Total of 3 to 5 photos required.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/10/13 7:42am
Msg #487598

Sounds very similar to NCCI.

Worked with NCCI for a couple of years some time back. They started out paying $25 and higher, depending on distance and circumstance. Then, they went to regional divisions. Pay decreased as then there was another party involved. Shortly after that, I resigned. Too demanding for too little money.

jme

Reply by Mobile1/PA on 10/10/13 3:14pm
Msg #487651

I recently received one. It was already covered when I called to negotiate the fee!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.