Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Are you owed by HVR Notaries and you are local to SD, CA?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 10/20/13 12:30pm
Msg #488841

Does anyone know where this companies office is located? If yes, find out the laws to boycott in front of a company legally. This means no yelling, just signs on public property, and oh yes, bring children to carry signs too. This is what Clark Howard says to do with car dealers who sell lemon cars (do it on Saturday). So, why not do it as a group of notaries who are not being paid.

Maybe find out where the company owner lives and protest in front of his house????? He also owns a TAX service office in SD, CA

I think this a great idea any more locals?

Reply by HisHughness on 10/20/13 12:54pm
Msg #488843

There is a fundamental component to every public protest.

That component is that the <public> is affected. The public is not affected if <notaries> get shafted. My guess is that a picket sign in front of the HVR offices would have limited effect. He probably gets most of his business by phone and/or the Internet, so the humiliation pressure is negligible.

That being said, though, there is a definite place for picketing. I've done it myself, when I felt I was getting screwed by a cell phone carrier, and it worked wonders. My guess is that pickets in front of his house would be far more effective than pickets in front of his business, if he has any relationship at all with his neighbors.

Reply by sueharke on 10/20/13 1:26pm
Msg #488850

Thank you for the compliment.

I think the tax office is the best business place as the public might not want to work with someone who might not file a correct tax return. Also, people get audited not because their tax return is incorrect but because the tax preparer is under review by the IRS for his or her business practices.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.