Notary Rotary
BGC requests this week
Notary Discussion History

BGC requests this week
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by ikando on 10/28/13 5:36pm
Msg #490093

BGC requests this week

I've been in this business since 2004. I have a few companies with which I've worked over that time, who continue to meet my fees.

I lead with that because the past week has been ridiculous. I've received email and phone call requests to send BGC and Fidelity authorizations from companies I haven't heard from to offer me work since the end of 2012, as well as a couple of those who chose not to accept my rate to close for them.

I guess because I'm in the system, I'll continue to get these unsolicited requests to provide information that may impact my privacy. I responded to one company that I would be happy to provide the BGC upon my acceptance to perform work. The response was, "We can't offer it unless we have your information on file." And the dog continues to chase its tail.

I'm to the point where I want to send a form requesting they provide me with their EIN, BGC, full employee roster and all addresses before I can accept their offers for me to work for them.

Reply by Paula Yakey on 10/28/13 5:42pm
Msg #490095

I got one from a company I don't think I have ever worked for and they want me to sign a release form. My question is why do they need a release form?

Reply by jojo_MN on 10/28/13 5:45pm
Msg #490096

I hear you. Also, I really wish that when you send your information, they would take you off their list hounding for it again and again. I finally just sent an email to one stating that I have already sent it four times. Was told they need it again and I just replied I refuse to send it another time and feel free to remove me from their vendor list. Tired of it all and I just don't care anymore!

I would love to send the form you suggested. After all, how do we know who on their end has all of my private information? Who is being allowed to see my background check? They are insisting that we are all members of the NNA, yet they aren't using the system that the NNA set up. After all, they (NNA) were touting their background check in a way that all someone has to do is log onto their website and they can just check your name to see if you are background checked without having to have copies of it etc. So much for that.

Right now, I am not sending any more information to signing services. If they want to get an assignment filled, they are going to hire you whether you send the info or not if they can't find anyone else.

Have a great week, everyone!

Reply by jba/fl on 10/28/13 6:58pm
Msg #490113

There is a lot of truth to that Jojo. I have one company that tells me that, but I don't comply because they are not cost effective for me. They then tell me that I won't be able to work for them. Just today they called again. And again....I am already busy, thanks for calling. (leaving the options open for when it is in my neighborhood)

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/28/13 6:12pm
Msg #490102

and the rumor is many people are fighting back

and now these companies need to find people willing to comply with their requests, so maybe this is why they are soliciting so many new or unutilized people from their database.

Reply by JimAZ on 10/28/13 6:31pm
Msg #490109

Re: and the rumor is many people are fighting back

I will comply, but my fee is now double for any of these signing services sending out this crap.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/28/13 9:31pm
Msg #490148

Why comply? They aren't going to pay those fees n/m

Reply by JimAZ on 10/28/13 10:12pm
Msg #490154

Re: Why comply? They aren't going to pay those fees

Then I won't comply. "who's on first" The first nutcase that calls with this requirement will get a double fee quote. Wanna pay, I will comply. Simple as that.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/28/13 7:42pm
Msg #490128

We all know how many newbies are around who have those

credentials & still aren't worth s#$t!!!!! Many of us know that title means nothing at all.

Reply by JimAZ on 10/28/13 8:55pm
Msg #490140

Re: We all know how many newbies are around who have those

Until the newbies can't pay their gas bill, toner and paper just to start with. Newbies, watch your credit card balances grow as you think you are running a business.

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/29/13 6:38am
Msg #490168

Yes, Karen - recall Cheryl Elliott's posting of

her 'requirements' now for any new companies seeking her service. Big Smile

"Please send me a copy of your business license and your fictitious business name statement.
Who is your liability insurance carrier. Yes, I would also like to know your E&O Policy No., carrier, who it insures and for what amount.
What is your after hours number and cell phone number.
HOW LONG IN BUSINESS?
Are you a notary also?
Are your employees also notaries?
Where do you live?
Are all your employees background checked by the NNA?
How will my private information be stored in your office, electronically or hard copy, password protected, and kept locked in a safe, secure, locked file storage cabinet or safe.
Who will have access to this information?
I would like three business and character references from you and who/where is your nearest living relative, address, telephone and mobile phone.
All invoices must be paid in 30 days or less, sorry, you're paid in 3-5 days, 45+ days is unacceptable.
Where do you bank and who is your banking officer whom you deal with.
My contract requires that you must notify me if you move your offices, change your bank account from which notaries are paid, and if you sell your company, I must be notified of all that new owners' names. All above requirements must be adhered to.
What is your previous business experience that qualifies you to be a signing service, serving the financial and title/escrow industries?
Have you ever been incarcerated, used drugs, have a drinking problem, beat up your kids, spouse or mother, or a registered drug or sex offender.
Do you dress professionally, are you courteous and honorable?

Sorry, have to know this about you before I can accept orders from you."

Reply by ikando on 10/29/13 4:07pm
Msg #490316

Re: Yes, Karen - recall Cheryl Elliott's posting of

Christine, I do recall Cheryl's list of requirements. Some are things I would seriously like to request, while others I felt were more tongue-in-cheek.

But really, if they want US to provide information to them that is supposedly being kept in files for review by their hiring parties, we need to know the same information on them. If they are the middlemen, they're seeing the same information on the borrowers as we are, and should provide the same information to us that they're sending to those who hire them. (One would expect the GBLA to cover all parties involved if it applies to the notary.)

Also, we're giving them a line of credit in order to complete the process. You can't get credit anywhere else without providing information of creditworthiness.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.