Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Can the 2 CW's also be the witnesses to signature by Mark?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by CaNotary777 on 10/7/13 2:35pm
Msg #487278

Personally I would think yes. But would appreciate inputs. Thanks .

Reply by janCA on 10/7/13 2:37pm
Msg #487279

Yes. n/m

Reply by GOLDGIRL/CA on 10/7/13 4:09pm
Msg #487297

Absolutely ....

however, I suggest you give the Signature by Mark another look insofar that sometimes it's impossible to tell a signature by mark from many "normal" signatures that we encounter every day. Many normal signatures are scrawly, unreadable, gobbeldygookish, a mere line or a chicken scratch. Just cos somebody can't sign "legibly" anymore or can't sign the way they used to, does not mean their "new" signature is invalid. It's their signature now, the way they sign now ... whether it's a circle or a wavy line. In other words, save yourself a lot of the Signature by Mark required stuff if you absolutely don't need to go down that road! IMO.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/7/13 9:38pm
Msg #487335

I agree, Goldgirl/CA.

I'll never forget a signing I once did for one particular elderly woman who was terminally ill. Her hand, eyes, and body were very, very frail, but she still had all her faculties - and a fair amount of pride. She could barely hold the pen, but she wanted to sign her name herself. The signature amounted to a bunch of lines, written right over top of itself, mostly in one place because it was so hard for her to move her hand, so it looked more like a spot on the paper than a signature. But it was very clear in her mind what she was doing. (She probably had a beautiful signature in her younger days.)

It was slow going so, trying to encourage her after a while, I told her that it looked good. She advised me that she wasn't done yet... Wink She kept on going until she had "finished". No one could tell what it said, but that was her actual signature - both on the document and in the journal. I know, because I watched her put it there!

Reply by CaNotary777 on 10/8/13 2:40am
Msg #487349

Thank you ladies for your inputs.

I MOST sincerely appreciate it Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.