Notary Rotary
Fees
Notary Discussion History

Fees
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by agntjAZ on 10/23/13 6:30pm
Msg #489467

Fees

Package is 190 pages and fee is $90....no thanks!!

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 10/23/13 6:38pm
Msg #489469

I disagree...

the fee is what YOU charge to perform a service. If they aren't willing to meet it, it's their problem not yours.

Do you call a plumber and tell them you need X, Y and L done and then tell him, "...and the fee is $75." NO.

Do you go to a restaurant and order a dinner and then tell them, "I want the fillet with all the trimmings, but I'm only going to pay $8.00 because that's all I've got."

Reply by NewPhoenix on 10/23/13 7:41pm
Msg #489482

I disagree with your diagreement...

Not to be argumentative but it is NOT a problem for them because they can just go right down the list and find someone that will take it for $90. It is only on a super busy day (when was the last one of those?) that they exhaust the list and then have to go back and offer more money.

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 10/23/13 8:33pm
Msg #489484

Marion is right

Skilled labor is not cheap and cheap labor is not always skilled.

The fee is what you charge not what they offer. If they are not your target market, don't worry about them not accepting your fee.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/23/13 9:00pm
Msg #489489

Re: Marion is right

I got a call from FASS today for a closing for tomorrow night..Not far away but they offered $ 75.00 including e-docs..I gave her my fee and she said she will see if it can be approved...Sure..Last month I was getting xxx from them..Good bye

Reply by Les_CO on 10/23/13 9:34pm
Msg #489492

Thank you NNA! n/m

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 10/24/13 8:38am
Msg #489537

Moneyman...I'm soo using this as my new quote!

"Skilled labor is not cheap and cheap labor is not always skilled. "

very well spoken!

And I totally agree. The fee they offer is NOT the fee that should be agreed upon, IF it is not within your fee range....common sense people.

Marian is right!

Reply by SDSigner on 10/24/13 12:13am
Msg #489511

Re: I disagree...

Marian, I must admit you are right on the money with your posts. How have these pimps wormed their way into the loan signing part.? We as notaries have to review the notary fee on the HUD right in front of the borrower, so why are we giving up any of it? I guess my point is, even if they (signing companies) pay you immediately, and they never do, how can we cut them out altogether? I really hate the idea of Long Signing companies but they exist for some reason, how can we get rid of them and get the business directly from escrow? I have some ideas but I'm sure you do too. Let's work together to literally shut them down all together. I'm willing to join up with anyone that gets burned, abused, or mistreated by some third party notary broker. There is no reason they exist and the way to shut them down is relatively simple. You took the time to do your fact checking, then posted it, and that's very respectable. Please call me Marian.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/24/13 1:05am
Msg #489514

In all sincerity, Michael, I doubt that anyone with any level of experience or expertise in this business would be anxious to team up with you right now after your posts over the past couple of days.

It's true that there were a few who jumped to erroneous conclusions about you being the same person as the one who coincidentally was mentioned in one of very many articles of general interest that have been posted here by Cheryl, and they were off base. But I believe it was your taking offense at seeing your name that got that idea started. I don't believe at all that the posting of the article had anything to do with you. IMHO, the tone of your posts has done you more personal harm than anything anyone else has said.

If you do want to be a member of this highly diverse community, why not try to start fresh, forget about the bad start, and see if you can create a different impression? You might also be careful about who you choose to associate with. I'm sure you've heard the old expression: "if you lay down with dogs, you'll get up with fleas..." Wink

It seems like you're trying, and I applaud that effort. FWIW, what sometimes works for me - when I manage to take my own advice - is to wait a while before I hit "Post". And depending on what I'm feeling or what is going on in my life, sometimes that means sleeping on it. But I guess you may not be getting too much sleep these days with a newborn at home! Smile Congrats, BTW!!

Reply by SDSigner on 10/25/13 1:51pm
Msg #489766

Thanks for the positive response Janet, I'm not getting much sleep, maybe why I'm so cranky. Lol. I was looking for some experienced notary feedback and it seems like there's 99% negative comments from people that aren't marketing themselves, but sitting a chat room and bagging on people. So I'm not going to address anything negative, it's just so pointless. I will take your advice though. I don't understand why any experienced notary would use a signing service? It's sounds like a terrible idea and I have mixed feelings about them. However, the bottom line is that escrow officers use these companies for some reason. I have found ways around that if anyone would like to discuss with me privately. I'm not going to give the negative people any help with marketing, and the bottom line is marketing. I did six signings yesterday and I have 4 set up for today already. The only reason that SS get the business from escrow is because you (and me) are not marketing ourselves to these escrow officers. I found something as simple as a thank you card to an out of state escrow company will ensure that whole escrow office will call me for their San Diego business. We need to work together on public forums to look out for each other and help each other. I got a couple of calls from some notaries in South Florida and gave me the scoop on some great information. Thanks.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/25/13 2:16pm
Msg #489771

What happened? Msg #489455

"I don't understand why any experienced notary would use a signing service?"

Yet, you are engaged with one?

" I have found ways around that if anyone would like to discuss with me privately."

But not in public?

"We need to work together on public forums to look out for each other and help each other."

What happened to the privately?

You are all over the place, very inconsistent - I think you have less experience than you say, that you are looking to take what you can and to heck with the rest. Your integrity (familiar with that word aside from a spelling test?) is shallow. Along with others, I don't trust you. You burned bridges and won't get back across easily here. JMNSHO

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.