Notary Rotary
Fidelity Closing Solutions - received this email today:
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by HrdwrkrVA on 10/1/13 8:01pm
Msg #486668

"The pay scale we would like to get is around $60 - $70 /signing for the agent’s local area. Further travel may allow higher fees. Please keep in mind that Orders will be assigned to Agents with the LOWEST fees! Given the volume, we must be very competitively priced."

In other words:
"We're going to make as much money as possible, while we work your a** to death. While we sit in our climate controlled offices & you're running around like a chicken w/ your head cut off, in horrendous traffic, weather & driving conditions, we'll be raking in the bucks. So, if you know any other hard-working imbeciles out there w/o a clue as to how to formulate a profitable business plan w/ a reasonable price structure, please send them to us so we can help you work yourself out of business!"

I'm sure they'll get lots of takers - SMH

Reply by Belinda/CA on 10/1/13 8:14pm
Msg #486670

You are too funny. And right!

They would like us to believe they are making less per loan, as many have stated to me. They may be processing fewer loans but are making just as much per loan as before the slow down.
Like you said, they want us running around keeping their profits up while notaries sink.

The fees will not come back up when the market picks up. Maybe in a rare case but the odds are against it. Why would they give you a 'raise' later? Ha

Reply by MW/VA on 10/1/13 8:17pm
Msg #486671

LOL. Those communications should begin "Dear Sucker". ;-) n/m

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/1/13 8:18pm
Msg #486672

Totally agree with both of you. n/m

Reply by Robert522TX on 10/1/13 8:31pm
Msg #486675

Would you do me a favor? n/m

Reply by Frank/NC on 10/1/13 9:06pm
Msg #486683

Re:No matter what we like to think

this industry is going down to the lowest common denominator. We now have the robo calls coming in where the lowest bidder gets the job. The TC as well as the SS are running scared and fear of losing their incomes makes them greedier than ever. The lowballers now get most of the work and the companies don't care how good or bad the work is as long as they keep the lion's share.
Personally, after 10+ years, I'm getting more and more disgusted. An absolutely nasty borrower made a complaint about me because I asked her for 2 pieces of ID as well as asked to see her drivers license rather than just the photocopy. It might just be time to hang it all up and admit the rat race is over, The rats win.

Reply by aanotary on 10/2/13 10:08am
Msg #486724

On a similar note

Servicelink called me ( I hardly ever hear from them any more- I'm to expensive) she told me I was the 3rd notary. The other 2 never showed up. I told her that if they didn't look for the cheapest notary. Maybe they wouldn't have this problem?

Reply by pan/nd on 10/1/13 11:35pm
Msg #486699

Fidelity??? more like INFIDELITY n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/2/13 5:10am
Msg #486706

Congratulations, you've just hired yourself a cooked goose!

How notaries are falling for this is beyond me. If you hand me $60 at the signing (no invoicing, waiting, collecting, calling drama) and I WITNESS AND NOTARIZE, and borrower takes it from there, I'm your Lady.

WHO thinks it OK to crank up their printer, auto engine, common sense/mind -all the while acting like a professional/credible/knowledgeable agent for $60???

With winter coming, definitely Not going there! If they want a cooked goose (one without the feathers <and> with all the fixins'), they'll have to meet my fee.

I need to locate a cackle noise maker to play over the phone for these ridiculous offers (actually no, the companies who call me respect the work I do for them . . . and I respect them in return)

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/2/13 5:20am
Msg #486707

Re: Congratulations, you've just hired yourself a cooked goose!

http://p.lefux.com/61/20100907/A1309000RI/InsetImage/45cm-Loud-Screaming-Sound-Shrilling-Rubber-Chicken-Toy_1.jpg

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.