Notary Rotary
Fidelity National Financial and Background checks
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Eric Andrist on 10/28/13 11:35am
Msg #489996

I know this has been talked about in other posts, but wanted to add an article I just found.

I just got an email from Executive Notary Services talking about notaries having to have a background check through NNA or Sterling in order to do signings for FNF.

I just found an article about FNF that says:

Brokers Getting Secret Payments Through Real Estate Software

California prosecutors have stumbled across a neat little real estate scam.

Title insurance companies are using software used by real estate brokers to facilitates unlawful secret payments to the brokers for the referral of business to title insurers and other providers.

Last week, Jacksonville, Florida-based title insurance company Fidelity National Financial settled a case brought by the district attorneys of San Diego, Ventura and Los Angeles counties.

Fidelity National Financial will pay $873,588 to settle the charges.

In the civil complaint filed under California’s Unfair Competition Law, the district attorneys alleged that Fidelity National operated a software platform — called Transaction Point — for real estate brokers and other settlement service providers in California.

The state alleged that the system facilitated unlawful secret payments to the brokers for the referral of business to title insurers and other service providers.

http://www.corporatecrimereporter.com/news/200/realestatebrokerscalifornia01242013/

If they are doing that, it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't worked up some "deal" with NNA and Sterling.

Reply by Tim Donahue on 10/28/13 12:40pm
Msg #490018

wow. that mays perfect sense. Maybe we should require a Background check on them before we do closings for them as well.

Reply by desktopfull on 10/28/13 4:48pm
Msg #490085

Good luck with that as well as getting them to sign that

release form that they want us to sign.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.