Notary Rotary
Fidelity Release and background check update
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by sigtogo/OR on 10/25/13 1:24pm
Msg #489763

I spoke with the company that completes the background check for the NNA. They do not release the report to ANYONE, not even the NNA, nor can they do so legally. All the NNA gets is the certificate.

the only way Fidelity would get your personal information would be if you personally sent them your report, provided them your SS#, etc.

If you would like to confirm here is contact info:
Backgrounds Online
1915 21ST Street
Sacramento, CA 95811
1-877-288-1588
Monday-Friday, 5:00AM to 5:00PM (Pacific)

have a great weekend all!!

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 10/25/13 1:37pm
Msg #489765

I've forwarded the release to Backgoundsonline.com

they will review but still reiterate that if the form was presented to them they would not release the report. release of report is controlled by us.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/25/13 2:58pm
Msg #489774

Great news! Thanks for checking - and letting us know! n/m

Reply by ToniK on 10/25/13 3:52pm
Msg #489777

So then to bypass XYZ, can we just get the background done directly through this provider and provide any companies with the certificate they supply? Would sound like a better deal than going to XYZ. Although, I have no plans to go through them ever again.

Reply by garland/CA on 10/25/13 4:22pm
Msg #489782

Except FNF requesting release of authorization form signed

In my opinion this is going too far.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/25/13 5:47pm
Msg #489788

I just talked to a signing service owner who said he's been getting all kinds of responses from people on this issue - including copies of actual background reports (from screenings done by the NNA) that include some personal information. Some of it is partially blacked out, but he said it was a lot more personal information than he was comfortable receiving, e.g. motor vehicle points, last 4 digits of social security number, etc.

He did say that it was possible that some of these were reports that were received from NNA prior to the current events. He hadn't checked that and wasn't sure if maybe their policies have changed. But it does call into question the statement from Backgrounds Online posted by sigtogo/OR... unless this is a recent change with them, as well.

So it sounds like this is an issue that still needs further investigating.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/25/13 7:24pm
Msg #489799

I'm not at all comfortable with this whole scenario, but I

do appreciate your update. The info seems to change daily.
I'd provide the certificate for my bgc from NR, but I'm not comfortable signing that release. For all I know, that could authorize FN to pull my credit report. There's language in there that releases THEM from any liability. I find that amusing.

Reply by sueharke on 10/25/13 7:37pm
Msg #489802

Re: I'm not at all comfortable with this whole scenario, but I

This company might have problems pulling my credit report if I signed such a form as I had to "freeze" my credit to avoid becoming a victim or identity theft.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.