Notary Rotary
Hahaha. My nomination for pathetic quote of the week
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 10/3/13 2:42am
Msg #486842

This is a quote published in the XYZ's magazine this month... an infographic featuring quotes from, who else? First American. They sure seem to be pushing FirstAm lately. *

At any rate... this quote is so full of.... well.... let's just say that it's obvious the guy has no idea what he's talking about. He's just another management suit. Here's what he said:

"One of our requirements to become a notary with First American is that you have to be a member of the NNA. We felt that was very important because that says you've taken the time to be dedicated to your industry, you've passed the background check, you've done training, and you attend the NNA's annual conference for additional training." --Robert Camerota, Sr., Chief Operating Officer

Mr. Camerota... if you or your underlings want, I'm more than happy to sit down with you and talk about this. set you straight. I will drive to Orange County, not a problem.

*Let me say that I do work for some FirstAm title officers...but it's direct work only, NOT through FASS. FASS won't even put me in their system because I won't agree to their pathetic fees.

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/3/13 6:40am
Msg #486847

LIKE!! :D n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 10/3/13 7:48am
Msg #486848

This is pathetic, Marian. It certainly proves what we've

been suspecting--that NNA has "sold" their good to the tc's. Wow--now it's a requirement to
attend the conference. Wonder if FA is willing to pay for all this? ;-) haha

Reply by BobbiCT on 10/3/13 8:09am
Msg #486852

Look on the bright side ....

If there is a problem with the loan that results in any clain or lawsuit, the plaintiff attorney cannot only go after FASS as the title insurance and settlement provider, FASS can then bring the "required training, certification and background check" provider, with its very deep pockets, as a defendant party to the lawsuit.

"But for the actions of" the NSA, which we hired based on qualifications per the "training, background check and certification of XXX," this would not have occured. In litigation, known as the percentage fault. Particularly important if the NSA has no assets (no pockets) and cannot be found. Of course, the XXX company SOLD E&O insurance to the NSA, so let's hope that insurance is enough to cover the fault percentage.

Linda in FL will know this one Smile.

Reply by ananotary on 10/3/13 8:06am
Msg #486851

I'm a FATCO approved notary and not an xyz member. n/m

Reply by dgd/CA on 10/3/13 10:09am
Msg #486869

Re: I'm a FATCO approved notary and not an xyz member, nor

do I have any bcc other than the State of California.

In so much as FATCO (for anyone new: aka FirstAm), feels NSAs fees should mirror those of FASS for inside/branch signings, I only accept accommodations outside the branch.

Reply by janCA on 10/3/13 11:26am
Msg #486878

Re: I'm a FATCO approved notary and not an xyz member, nor

Many FATCO's are not affiliated with FASS.

Reply by ananotary on 10/3/13 12:45pm
Msg #486895

Exactly. I have never signed up with FASS. n/m

Reply by CJ on 10/3/13 1:56pm
Msg #486907

Notary Rotary is WAY more helpful than XYZ

I was too busy doing signings for the past 13 years to get "training" by XYZ. Whenever I had a question at the signing, I called the SS or title, since that is what we are supposed to do anyway. I learned a ton of stuff by doing that.

Here at Notary Rotary, I learn a lot more. I fell that group here is more supportive and beneficial to me. Real-life signing problems are discussed here and real-life answers are given. I get work from Signing Central, and companies find me and my profile. I can get supplies here at a good price and in a timely manner.

The money I spend here at Notary Rotary genuinely helps me. The first year that I was a notary, I signed up with XYZ. All I got was their glossy magazine that pats themselves on the back, and promotes classes that flood my area with competition.

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/3/13 2:12pm
Msg #486909

Re: So, what is the connection between

fass and XYZ - other than they like to do business with each other? Is the dislike for XYZ on NR part of why there is so many negative posts against fass? People are upset that fass sometimes offers a lower fee or that XYZ got their BGC accepted as the industry standard - that's just good business on both their parts. If you were running these companies you'd try to maximize profits or get your BGC accepted as industry standard too - or you'd be out of a job.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/3/13 3:12pm
Msg #486918

A search here will show tons on FASS by itself. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 10/3/13 8:30pm
Msg #486944

I think one of the biggest reasons for the dislike of XYZ is

that a few years back everyone was treating notaries with much greater respect and generosity. Then XYZ said in all their blurbs to their customers on both sides of the fence that certifications would be great, they would provide the necessary certification and then when the companies get ready to hire notaries, they would pay $50 a package for non certified and $65 for certified personnel.

And then the companies began to believe it, and fees began a downward slide, forgetting that those in business for themselves have certain levels to maintain to have profits, and expenses had to be factored into the equation.

Also, many times statements that XYZ will make do not take into consideration that they are not the only authority; that the SOS of each state may have more knowledge than XYZ and that the average notary, only slightly warm and barely breathing, could find inconsistencies in the XYZ mantra and when they answered questions. Yes - they don't always know the correct answers and do give incorrect information. They are the perfect example of the Peter Principle in practice evolving to that point of confused efficiency.

Hence, many do not like them. A search here will disclose that I am not alone in these feelings when faced with those facts.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.