Harry - my NPBC BGC through NR previously w/2015 exp date
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Christine/OK on 10/16/13 6:30am
Msg #488283

now shows 2014.

Will the renewal be performed at No Charge for the 2014-2015 interval? The original purchase was for two years.

What is the fee now for the one-year NPBCs please?

Reply by jba/fl on 10/16/13 7:34am
Msg #488286

The staff does not normally read these pages. They do respond quickly to the button at the bottom of the page "Contact Us". That is where your questions should be directed.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 10/16/13 8:11am
Msg #488287

See Harry's message #488158

He explained:

"I am changing our background check to reflect the Issue Date rather than a specific Expiration Date. Expiration Dates are silly and arbitrary, anyway – it’s a point-in-time check and does not necessarily speak to future behavior. (This is in response to companies that do not want to see a date more than 1 year into the future on any check.)"

When you obtain a BGC, it's a snapshot - there is no such thing as a one year or two year purchase.

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/16/13 10:10am
Msg #488305

Thanks, Julie & Renee. Posted here as thought it was a ques

tion that most would be pondering now with the changes as noted in Harry's post yesterday, which I had previously reviewed.

Glad to hear that they respond quickly now. In the past, not so much . . . Big Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.