Notary Rotary
Hawaii goes high-tech and online with notaries
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda_in_IN on 10/10/13 9:28am
Msg #487603

" The new online application brings efficiencies to citizens and state by eliminating the existing paper process"

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131009-910057.html

Reply by 101livescan on 10/10/13 9:41am
Msg #487605

LIKE! I wonder how many states will follow suit. Probably not CA because it's too lucrative the way it is! Many more steps and expenses to become a notary in CA, not to mention the time involved.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/10/13 3:04pm
Msg #487649

And we also have the security issue. Our applications have to be submitted in person, with a passport photo attached, at the time we take a proctored exam - for which we have to provide ID. That ensures that we can't have someone else take the exam for us or apply for a commission under a fake name -r someone else's name. Not sure how that process could be duplicated online, but someone will probably figure out a way eventually.

Reply by EileenHI on 10/10/13 11:56am
Msg #487627

Geez.... one would think this would have at least been in the local newspaper.... maybe in a few days. Thank you for posting this. I didn't know that it would be easier to reapply next year when my commission expires.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.