Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I've been advised by a lurker on the forum ...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 10/28/13 4:01pm
Msg #490069

... that the Sterling portal for BGCs forwards the entire background check to Fidelity. I have not verified that, and cannot vouch for its authenticity, though I trust the source.

Reply by CH2inCA on 10/28/13 4:08pm
Msg #490072

That's what I suspected

as they insist that you use ONLY that portal.

Reply by Stoli on 10/28/13 4:11pm
Msg #490078

A good reporter never reveals his source? n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/28/13 6:16pm
Msg #490105

I believe this to be true. Why would an independent company

make the decision for Fidelity whether you passed or failed??? If this BGC is so important I would certainly think someone at Fidelity is reviewing them to see if you are qualified to be handling their files.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/28/13 7:44pm
Msg #490129

Thanks again, Hugh, for this update. n/m

Reply by JimAZ on 10/28/13 9:48pm
Msg #490150

How about the Signing Service going through this BGC first. Then publish the results as FNF wants to for Signing Agents. Then responsible and legit SA's could decide which flakes they want to work for. Better yet, why not go directly to the responsible Signing Agents and eliminate a non-value added (Signing Service) part of this business. We are listed in NotRot and will beat any SS fee you are paying.

Reply by dgd/CA on 10/29/13 9:18am
Msg #490193

Absolutely agree with this Hugh. I've sent an email to FNF, not only is the BCQ check, in its' entirity, sent to FNF, it's "release" states that it has the ability to forward same to any and all that request it (as an aside, this not only applies to Sterling, but the dreaded XYZ as well Frown ).
I've challenged not only this, but it's nonsensical Release of Liability as well. While, at the end of the day, I've never worked for a SS (which most of the Lenders FNF is addressing does), I am of the opinion that if I choose to perform on a BGC, the certifact alone should be enough, with the pattern of thinking that if I don't pass the BGC, how on earth could I possibly receive a Certification.

BTW, many have posted that the SS have decided the XYZ Cert is sufficient... so sorry folks, not according to my communications with FNF. Regardless of their "Privacy Policies," they have succumed to FNFs new stated policy (well shoot, as Cheryl Elliott has pointed out, the powers of both organizations live not only in the same state and city; belong to the same Country Clubs; golf and play tennis; enjoy the other amenities; and, of course, wine and dine on every opportunity). (BTW, isn't this the reason Bridgetone Tires became so popular... The orignial Ford and Bridgestone went to the same prep schools; married women that were friends; picniced; dined; played the sports of the day; belonged to the same country/gentlemens clubs; were Godfathers to each others children/grandchildren, so forth, so on?)

Phish.... I was one of the first to post this email in it's entirety, however (and most hopefully), I Will Be Far From The Last. It's absolutely

Thank you Hugh, for insuring that this issue is, once again, correct and current.

Reply by dgd/CA on 10/29/13 9:35am
Msg #490196

Sorry.. "absolutely assinine!" n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.