Notary Rotary
Land and Law Group Dead Beat Company
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Rhonda Hey on 10/29/13 7:13am
Msg #490175

This group is wanting to get a notary that haven't worked from them before because
they do not pay. I have sent 5 invoices to their bogus accounting email.
I have not been paid since August 23,2013. I am contacting Nationstar
the title company on the HUD and also borrower to find out who they send
Their mortgage payments. Does anyone have a valid email or valid phone
Number that has successfully got in contact with their offices not their
Bogus offshore number please email me
at [e-mail address].
I much appreciate it.
Rhonda
Scammed in Florida

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/29/13 8:02am
Msg #490181

As I told you in your posts elsewhere but will repeat

here for reference:

Do NOT contact the borrowers - they are out of it - they paid all fees through the HUD and have no obligation to you at all.

Contact title, contact the hiring party (good luck with that - known non-payer) - and if you want to know where they're sending their first payment, look at the First Payment Letter included in the package (or look at the HUD) - hopefully you kept the docs on your computer. But do not contact the borrowers.

I'd draft a demand letter and send it to Land and Law with a copy to title - also, if an attorney is head of Land and Law (which I've heard but have not confirmed) contact that attorney's Bar Association about his non-payment.

By the way- start screening all companies that call you unless they have a good history with you. This Land and Law Group is relatively new but has had nothing but complaints about them for nonpayment right from the very beginning - apparently they thought this would be a good venture to get into but nobody told them they have to pay their notaries.

Good luck.

Reply by Everton Wood on 10/29/13 8:58am
Msg #490186

I was burned by them for a signing that I did in April 2013. I called and called, emailed and emailed, but the company is probably a shell. I called the title company on the HUD and the paid me right away. DO NOT call the borrower. That is very unprofessional and will turn your name into mud in the lender finds out.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/29/13 9:03am
Msg #490188

The LO would be a great place to start. The owner, Jack Muncey, has a horrible reputation for not paying. When he owned an abstract company, he did not pay his abstractors.

Good luck. PegiT/MN is trying to get them added to SC.

Unfortunately, another thieving, scalping deadbeat predator.

Reply by RIcloser on 10/29/13 8:25pm
Msg #490353

Contact Abhi, "Service Delivery Manager", (803) 335-0345, abhi@land-law group.com. She will get you paid. IF she still works there! She came through for me in August.

Reply by RIcloser on 10/29/13 9:57pm
Msg #490365

Information about this company derived from the South Carolina Secretary of State's web site and the South Carolina's Bar Association web site:

Land & Law, LLC
PO Box 686
Landrum, SC 29356

Stephanie Blanton Munsey, Registered Agent
1841 Fairview Farms Road
Campbello, SC 29322-8906

Ms. Munsey is listed as a licensed attorney on the Bar's website.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.