Notary Rotary
Libreoffice
Notary Discussion History

Libreoffice
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by SC/CA on 10/9/13 1:53pm
Msg #487524

Libreoffice

Does anyone use Libreoffice? If anyone has experience using this program, I would love to hear about it. I’m curious about it and don’t know if it would have compatibility issues with the files we typically share in our line of work (ex, word,pdf, email confirmations, etc.). Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Reply by Betsy Matney on 10/9/13 2:40pm
Msg #487534

LibreOffice is an excellent free Open Source program which I used for over a year. I used Excel a lot for my other business with few formatting incompatibilities when I would open an Excel file with Libre calc. Never had an issue with my Notary work. Having said that, I recently purchased a new PC and did purchase Office 2013 for the ease of being able to use it with both my ventures if needing to use advanced functions quickly. The Libre office community is great at answering questions on how to do certain functions, etc. Also, LibreOffice has recently been updated, but I have not tried 4.1 yet

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.