Notary Rotary
NON Pay SS threatens me w/ legal action for contacting title
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by ananotary on 10/10/13 9:20pm
Msg #487713

Invoice is due from July 2013. I emailed multiple times regarding payment with zero response. I finally contacted title and got a response. It's a miracle!!

SS now says that if I contact title again SS will contact her attorney for defamation of character. SS called me with that one. Didn't want to put that in writing, I guess.

BTW: I still haven't been paid. Here are the list of excuses:

1. All your emails went to my spam folder and I never saw them. (Hmmm, all the emails regarding the signing and my W9 a few weeks later with my address were received just fine. ONLY my payment status emails went to spam. Interesting...)

2. Your check was returned. (Hmmm, lived in the same house for 13 years and nobody else has any problem getting a check to me)

3. The government shutdown must be the problem.

Isn't defamation of character only used when FALSE statements are used?

I'm so annoyed right now.

Reply by loancloser46 on 10/10/13 9:51pm
Msg #487715

Who is is this POS that you are referring to????

I will be glad to guide you about how to get paid. Post the liars name here so we all know who it is.
PM me.

Reply by pan/nd on 10/10/13 9:55pm
Msg #487717

She can threaten legal action....

She can even initiate legal action...no question about either one.

The question is whether she can prevail in any legal action.

Seriously doubt she has a leg to stand on.

The truth is always the best defense and in this case...with proper documentation on your

part...she is dead in the water.

I imagine once you're paid...you'll write her off and deal with her no more.

She's got the brains of a tree stump filled with termites.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/10/13 11:02pm
Msg #487720

Totally agree with pan/nd. Who's the SS? n/m

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/11/13 12:55am
Msg #487725

Re: I agree with the above but the

problem is if she does start some kind of action (doubtful) it ends up being a giant drag on YOUR time - even if she ultimately drops it or goes on to lose the case. I'd certainly email her putting in writing the phone conversation and outlining the items you mentioned here about only your request for payment going to span. You may want to imply that you plan to keep "title" in the loop so that they know they are dealing with an SS that does not pay her NSAs (you can word this better). Please let us know who it is so we can avoid her too.

Reply by Luckydog on 10/11/13 5:48am
Msg #487732

Re: I agree with the above but the

They cannot sue you over the truth. You have an agreement to pay within X amount of days. You fulfilled your contract, they did not pay...they have no damage, only you. As long as you do not slander them for more than what the truth is, they can try and intimidate you all they want. Just remember, that unless you live in the same state, it is not easy, as they have to go to you are and file the lawsuit in that county, and visa versa. It is a big help to all of us to say the name of who they are, as when you expose them they will pay up. Happened to me recently. I posted 2 days in a rowhere, and I got paid with a PM on top of it. They do read what we say on here.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/11/13 6:25am
Msg #487733

Too bad, SS, but Title needs to know they're dealing with

DEADBEATS! Pay the Notary timely and you have no problems.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/11/13 7:05am
Msg #487735

Well, empty threats. When people get to this point, things are pretty desperate. Just move on, and please let us know the name of company so others don't get snaked by this company.

As my tirade goes, if we don't support these people, they can't stay in business to keep taking advantage of notaries everywhere, leaving us empty handed while they are living high on the hog.

Time to stop this nonsense, don't you think?

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/11/13 7:42am
Msg #487740

Msg #483120 n/m

Reply by vanot99 on 10/11/13 9:01am
Msg #487744

If they can't pay you/aren't paying you...they won't take the time/expense to try to sue you. It's not defamation of character if you are telling the truth.

Reply by MrEd_Ca on 10/11/13 9:11am
Msg #487745

You should name the SS ...

... more than likely there are other notaries in the same boat which means more information for the title company when you send that 'keep them in the loop" message to title (& the SS). JMHO.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 10/11/13 9:14am
Msg #487746

Who Is This Company? n/m

Reply by ananotary on 10/11/13 9:26am
Msg #487747

Legal Marks, Inc.- Beth Woods

I must have had my idiot hat on when I took this assignment in July 2013.

It appears that she is a notary with a small "signing service" that is called Legal Marks, Inc. based out of Corona, CA.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/11/13 9:29am
Msg #487748

Re: Legal Marks, Inc.- Beth Woods

Hot bed of crooks. Down the road from defunct ANS...wonder if they party together!

Reply by ananotary on 10/11/13 9:31am
Msg #487749

I didn't even put that together yet! Yes, Corona is very close to Wildomar! And Title365 is the title company involved her also.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/11/13 9:42am
Msg #487750

Let me send you the name of the DA investigator in charge of another complaint against a signing company that bamboozled notaries nationally.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/11/13 10:44am
Msg #487759

Charlene, keep a roster of LO's name, lender, Escrow, EO and TO.

If this woman does not pay you today, tell her you're also calling the LO and the lender to make sure she never gets to work for them again.

Then tell them any way after you're paid.

GOOD LUCK..Will you let me know the lender/LO's name too?

Have you ever applied to Californiamobilenotarynetwork.com to be a member?

Interested? Let me know.

Reply by ananotary on 10/11/13 2:46pm
Msg #487785

Thanks, Cheryl! I'll look at the website. :) n/m

Reply by PegiT_MN on 10/11/13 11:27am
Msg #487760

Are you sure her name is not Elizabeth Wood out of Corona, California?

http://www.thumbtack.com/ca/corona/mobile-notary/mobile-notary-public

Reply by 101livescan on 10/11/13 10:41am
Msg #487758

Thanks for calling this company/individual out. It is time we stopped all this corruption and exploiting of notaries who do all the work to close the file for the big $$ guys, title and the lender.

Save us all a lot of grief and lost earnings. What a piece of work! Thanks.

Reply by PegiT_MN on 10/11/13 11:32am
Msg #487761

Are You Sure You Got The Name Right On This One?

There is no Beth Woods who is a California notary.......only an Elizabeth Wood out of Corona.

Is this the person?

http://canotary.info/notaries/?comm_num=1901466

Reply by PegiT_MN on 10/11/13 11:33am
Msg #487762

Re: Are You Sure You Got The Name Right On This One?

Or is it this person?
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/elizabeth-wood/6/109/331

Reply by PegiT_MN on 10/11/13 11:37am
Msg #487763

Or is it this person?
http://www.thumbtack.com/ca/corona/mobile-notary/mobile-notary-public

Reply by Darlin_AL on 10/11/13 12:01pm
Msg #487766

Pegit, probably all ! n/m

Reply by ananotary on 10/11/13 2:43pm
Msg #487783

PegiT MN- slip of the finger. Yes, Wood is the last name.

Reply by JanelWI on 10/11/13 3:50pm
Msg #487800

I think she protests too loudly:-)

Usually a sign of considerable guilt by associated action and negligence. Those big crocodile tears or massive over-reactions to what is simple to rectify........screams that she is guilty. She is trying to bait you with fear and make you go away, or shut up.

My advice to her would be to keep her day job, give up her narcissistic and incredibly smug bid for an academy award performance.... and just pay you what is owed!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.