Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Not saying, naming, titling just sharing my first contact..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Notarysigner on 10/20/13 4:41pm
Msg #488877

THIS is an email I received from someone I've only worked for once in the last twelve months.

" We are reaching out to you because you are one of our notaries we have worked with previously. A few major title companies are now requiring all notaries they work directly with and all notaries we contract with for their signings to have a Background Check from the National Notary Association. (MUST be by the National Notary Association ONLY)

Fidelity National Title and its sister companies are requiring all notaries contracted through us to have a current NNA background check certificate

IF WE DON’T GET THIS FROM YOU IN A TIMELY MANNER, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CALL YOU FOR SIGNINGS WITH THOSE MAJOR TITLE COMPANIES.

Please forward a current NNA(National Notary Association) background check certificate immediately. If you do not have this certificate, please contact the NNA immediately to obtain one.

This is effective immediately. Please scan to [e-mail address] or fax to 877-207-0943. SCANNING & EMAILING IS PREFERABLE!!!!

We appreciate you expediting this process as this is effective immediately. We do not want this requirement to affect any signings we can give you. We are truly sorry for this requirement, although it is coming from the big title companies.

You will also have to provide us with E & O Insurance, Notary Bond, W-9 and copy of your commission.

If we do not receive the above items we will not be able to use you on Title company closings.

Thank you

Jessie Bullis
Cell: (661) 816-1741
Bullis Business Services
BBServ
Nationwide Mobile Notary
Signing Service
www.BullisBusinessServices.com
www.bbserv.com
Phone: (877) 207-0942
Fax: (877) 207-0

Reply by Jack/AL on 10/20/13 8:17pm
Msg #488895

And we had gone TWO whole days without mentioning BGC....... n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/21/13 12:41am
Msg #488918

So what's your point? n/m

Reply by ToniK on 10/21/13 10:00am
Msg #488948

I see a pattern here

all these emails are coming from SS. I have yet to see one come directly from a Title company.

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/21/13 10:33am
Msg #488954

Re: I see a pattern here

Toni....that's what I was T R Y I N G to say a couple of days ago. I did two jobs for TC and when I asked them about BGC both of their answers were " WHAT?"

Reply by ananotary on 10/21/13 12:40pm
Msg #488972

My first notification of this came directly from Fidelity

I am an approved Fidelity Title notary. If you are, you should have received the email. After that I saw the same email come from tons of SS's. From what I can tell this is strictly a FNF change at this point. Maybe that's why the title company you reference didn't have that requirement?

Reply by 101livescan on 10/21/13 1:02pm
Msg #488978

Re: My first notification of this came directly from Fidelity

It is a requirement of both Fidelity and First American, and these both requested the NNA background certificate compliance. SSs just following request.

Reply by Pamela/CA on 10/21/13 7:05pm
Msg #489013

Re: Fidelity, FirstAM AND LSI! got the same email from all 3 n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.