Notary Rotary
Obamacare Navigator Positions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Hiram on 10/4/13 8:27pm
Msg #487070

Here is another bone of contention re: Obamacare. I as a real Estate Agent and as a Notary Public for the State of Texas must have regular up-date training and Background checks and my fingerprints recorded. I must pass a state examination to receive a state license allowing me to perform my duties as a Realtor or Notary Public. I must be vigilant to protect all personnel data that may come onto my possession during performance of my duties.

A quick Bing check shows the following requirements for the position of Obamacare Navigator:
Just who is eligible to become a navigator? Although the rule declares that navigators “must not have a conflict of interest during their term” and “must provide information and services in a fair, accurate, and impartial manner,” it provides little other guidance. “The rules allow navigators to come from the ranks of unions, health providers and community action groups such as ACORN and Planned Parenthood,” Bedard states. In fact, they require each exchange to have “at least two different types of entities as Navigators, one of which must be a community and consumer-focused non-profit group.”
No standardized training is required to become a patient navigator, although some schools and groups do have programs.

These people will be in a position of authority in the eyes of the unsuspecting public and because this is a basically mandatory program these people will feel compelled to provide sensitive information to these minimally qualified Navigators. My question is: Why does the Government require such high standards of security for the professionals of this world but opens up this highly sensitive position to less than accredited individuals?
These folks will have access to as much or more personnel information than Notary Publics, and with no credentials, backgroung checks or oversite as to the laws of the land regarding personal, sensitive information, not to mention the fact that they have no knowledge of state identification laws. Can of worms!!!

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/4/13 9:35pm
Msg #487074

Hiram
Think you should post this in JP., the answers you will receive on this would be inappropriate here.

Reply by Hiram on 10/4/13 10:41pm
Msg #487079

Thanks for the direction. Computers are not my thing, and I missed the "Just Politics" Heading.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/5/13 1:37am
Msg #487090

Yes, s/b in JP. This entire post is inappropriate here. n/m

Reply by Susan Fischer on 10/4/13 11:32pm
Msg #487081

Stop with the propaganda. ACORN hasn't been around for

several years.

Navigators don't take personal information - they help people *navigate* a new system.

They have no authority - they have information relative to the task at hand: helping people through a new process.

You're fear mongering here. Shame on you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.