Notary Rotary
Okay, everybody, you have been heard
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by HisHughness on 10/22/13 11:10pm
Msg #489257

There is correspondence going to Fidelity, by someone who has far greater clout than any of us individuals, that emphatically points out that Fidelity's name is being tossed around by people who are distributing misinformation. Fidelity is beginning to react, as you can see by the letter posted below.

If you are contacted by an SS, I suggest you tell them you KNOW, beyond all question, that Fidelity is NOT requiring an NNA background check; that Fidelity has offered three alternatives to BGCs; and demand that you be allowed to use any of the BGC sources approved by Fidelity.

Roll over to the NNA dog whistle and you will pay far more in the long run than that initial $99 NNA wants to saddle you with.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 10/22/13 11:14pm
Msg #489259

HA! Excellent work, troops. n/m

Reply by 101livescan on 10/22/13 11:19pm
Msg #489261

BRAVO! n/m

Reply by JimAZ on 10/22/13 11:19pm
Msg #489262

I must be getting weary, but I only saw two alternatives. NNA and Sterling. What's the third.

Reply by SDSigner on 10/22/13 11:27pm
Msg #489265

Wow, that's good news. Thanks for posting.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 10/23/13 7:37am
Msg #489285

This is great news, however I hope Harry gets vocal with them and insist on his. It is just as good and there is no reason why it shouldn't be accepted.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/23/13 8:53am
Msg #489292

Does anyone know what the source of the email that went

out to the ss was???? I'm suspecting NNA sent it out. Does anyone have proof of that?

Reply by janCA on 10/23/13 9:23am
Msg #489294

Letter Direct from FNF

I know this has probably been posted, but here it is again. This is an email I received DIRECTLY from FNF and it states ONLY two BGC's would be accepted. They really need to get it together internally, if they themselves are putting out misinformation. And I received another email this past Monday, with the portal set-up on their site to acquire the Sterling BGC, which will go directly to the FNF office.

Dear FNF Approved Notary,

Effective November 1, 2013, all notaries conducting signings for our “Preferred Lenders” will be required to have a background check on file with FNF (Fidelity National Financial and any of its subsidiaries) in accordance with our service agreements executed with each of these lenders. (Note that this list of lenders will be expanded upon in the future as more lenders require service agreements.) If you do not have a background check on file, you can still perform signings for our family of Companies but NOT for any transactions to which any of these lenders are our insured party. This requirement pertains to all transactions to which these lenders are involved in regardless of the transaction type (resale, refinance, commercial, etc.).

Our “Preferred Lenders” are:
1) Bank of America
2) BMO Harris
3) JP Morgan Chase
4) Union Bank
5) US Bank
6) Wells Fargo

FNF will ONLY accept two vendor’s background checks, either the NNA (National Notary Association) or Sterling Info Systems. We are in the process of setting up a portal with Sterling, and we will advise you in the near future of the steps necessary to receive a background check from them. Do not attempt to seek a background check from Sterling directly until you are advised to do so. If you have had a background check previously done by the NNA, please forward a copy or screen shot of your certificate to [e-mail address] . We will verify your background check with the NNA and note you as an approved notary for these “preferred lenders”.

Any notary company that has been approved by FNF must provide proof that each notary or independent contractor they utilize for our “Preferred Lenders” has been background checked by either submitting the NNA certificate or having them background checked through Sterling Info Systems. We will continue to use the approved notary companies, but only those notaries that have provided proof of a background check will be used for signings for these “Preferred Lenders”. Each notary will be listed under your company as approved to perform signings for our “Preferred Lenders”. For example, ABC Signing Company is a company on our approved notary list. If ABC has an individual, John Doe, get a clear background check, “ABC Signing Company – John Doe” would show in our approved notary database as eligible to do signings for our “preferred lenders”.

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/23/13 9:39am
Msg #489295

I just had a thought, does anyone know the name of

that program that scans a letter and will tell you if it was altered or not?

Reply by MW/VA on 10/23/13 7:32pm
Msg #489480

I'm asking who sent it TO the ss, not who the ss sent it to.

We've all gotten a blitz of emails about this, and it's caused a lot of panic. I know who I suspect initiated this, and have a feeling they weren't authorized to use FNF's name.

Reply by LKT/CA on 10/23/13 10:12am
Msg #489302

Great news!! Let's hope the BGC issue changes. From: We require a BGC through X companies. To: We require a BGC from any company that includes the following criteria: A, B, C, D, M, N, O, P

As long as the hiring entities get the BG info they require, it shouldn't matter who completes the BGC. Therefore, BGCs should not be limited to three companies (i.e. NNA, Sterling, and the third unnamed company).

Reply by Pamela/CA on 10/23/13 10:40am
Msg #489309

Re: Okay, everybody...Title/Esc emails re: NNA BG required

Here is a partial of my msg# 488980 10.21.13 discussion "NNA Notary"
the 3 Title/Esc I have received do require my NNA Screening...

"My husband/partner and I are 'Preferred SA's" with Chase, Merrill Lynch, Wells and GoldmanSachs .... to be accepted by one of their Title/Escrow subcontractors we are being asked to provide proof of screening thru NNA.... here's a bit from email sent to us by LSI re: screen...

"Other: If submitting a report other than the NNA or LexisNexis options, the report must be dated within the last 12 months. If private information cannot be separated from this information, the sender does acknowledge that LSI will not be responsible for any additional information received beyond what is required herein. Finally, if the background check provided to us does not include the information outlined in the four (4) major screening categories noted above, LSI reserves the right to reject the background check until it includes all the required criteria."

We of course we complied with alacrity!

Here is my take on this..... we know that FAT & NNA cut an agreement per the announcement at NNA Conference. My belief is that Title wants to have 'control' over the SA's - their hiring and their fees.... So although Lender is hand selecting SA's (via LO's) to conduct their in-branch and off-site signings, Title does not want to 'split' their Notary fees with those SA's because their fees are higher. FAT is attempting to match ServiceLink horrible $50 fees by raising the bar for SA's to qualify to be "Preferred" or "White Glove" SA by insisting upon NNA screening (making money & memberships for the NNA) and in return NNA will offer an unending supply of eager Notaries willing to take low fees (and provide low service) to the ultimate payors....Lender and Borrower. "

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.