Notary Rotary
Printer Dilemma
Notary Discussion History

Printer Dilemma
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 10/1/13 8:51am
Msg #486579

Printer Dilemma

Both my work horse printers the HP 4250DTN, Thelma, and the HP 4350DTN, Louise, went over the edge last week. They've been great printers for a long time, through many toner cartridges and cases of paper.

Thelma needs a Maintenance Kit, which I ordered from Amazon. Louise, I have no idea what her issue is. I have a technician coming in tomorrow, once the maintenance kit arrives, to have him install that and diagnose Louise's issues.

It was good timing, as business is kinda flat, and the HP1320 backup machine at home is doing the job. For a short time.

I was pulling my hair out last week over trying to print three packages and no way to do so at my office. I was sure I could get these printers to turnover, but to no avail.

Synopsis: There are no local stores, Best Buy, Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, that carry these work horse printers. So you're stuck, get em fixed or buy online and get delivery in 24 hours, an arm and a leg expense when revenue is down...Sucks big time. CDW carries them, and there is PrinterPros in Torrance for recycled printers, best available resources for me. But costly.

Reply by Art_PA on 10/1/13 9:03am
Msg #486584

It will/would probably cost less to by a "new" refurbished 4350 than to pay to maintain your "dead" ones.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/1/13 9:08am
Msg #486585

That's an option too. I'm thinking about taking that one back, it has a one year warranty. Bought Louise last December. Hardly used her at all. May be a software issue.

Reply by MW/VA on 10/1/13 10:32am
Msg #486599

Claudine has posted sometime back about a printer co.

that helped her to avoid replacement. It should be in the archives somewhere or I'm sure you could p/m her.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 10/1/13 11:25am
Msg #486610

Thelma and Louise....thanks for the smile I got from that... n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/1/13 7:15pm
Msg #486666

That cracked me up, too! :>) n/m

Reply by Stoli on 10/1/13 2:22pm
Msg #486635

Was it Orion Printer and Parts?

Telly Krousaniotakis
Printer & Printer Parts Sales & Service
Direct 877.755.5300 x 9090
Cell 301.512.9219
Fax 410.940.9091
[e-mail address]
Web: www.orionmarket.com
AIM Messenger: [e-mail address]

Telly can access your computer remotely and fix most software issues.

Reply by SunnyCA on 10/1/13 2:39pm
Msg #486639

I also highly recommend Orion Printers and Parts in MD. They are wonderful. I purchased my refurb HP4250DTN from them at a very reasonable price. I also purchase my printer cartridges from them at a discount, and these are new--not re-inked. When the time comes, I'll purchase my maintenance kit from them and if I'm ever in the market for another refurb'd printer, that's where I'll go. My printer, as you say, is a "workhorse" and I've had absolutely no problems.

It's ironic that I'm in SFO Bay Area, the heart of technology, and couldn't find a comparable supplier here with competitive prices. Receiving a shipment to CA from Maryland was no problem. The printer was beautifully packed and there were no issues at all setting it up. It arrived within a week after I ordered, and they included free telephone tech support, although I didn't need it.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 10/1/13 8:56pm
Msg #486680

Orion Printers..They are the best..Telly is the president and has helped me several times..I would highly reccommend checking them out..He remotely went into my printer settings and adjusted whatever needed to be done..In the end I was so sick of all the problems that I ordered a refurbished printer from them. I got the HP 4200n it cost $149.00 and I love it..

Reply by Yoli/CA on 10/1/13 4:17pm
Msg #486645

HP 4350dtn on ebay w/free shipping n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.