Remember Ameriquest~recognize any one of these parties
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 10/22/13 7:19am
Msg #489061

Remember Ameriquest~recognize any one of these parties

Especially you long time San Diegans:

Conviction in Mortgage Fraud Investigation

FBI San Diego Office Press Release - May 2, 2002

San Diego, California - William D. Gore, Special Agent in Charge, San Diego Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, today announces the guilty plea of Jarrett Pugh on one count of identity theft as part of the national identity theft initiative as announced by Attorney General John Ashcroft.

This investigation involves mortgage fraud/identity theft violations, wherein seven employees of Ameriquest Mortgage Company and two corrupt appraisers created 64 loans using forged and inflated appraisals of property in San Diego and Riverside Counties. These loans were funded by Ameriquest and then subsequently sold to Washington Mutual Bank and other investors. Ameriquest purchased all of the loans back when the fraud was discovered. Most of the loans are currently in foreclosure or default. The total aggregate value of the inflated loans is over $9,000,000. Ameriquest attorneys estimate the actual financial loss to the company is approximately $2,000,000, not including commissions paid on the fraudulent loans and attorney’s fees.

The subjects in this case are young, local San Diego residents who have known each other prior to their employment at Ameriquest. Subjects Chris Zennedjian and another unindicted co-conspirator were the first to start working for the company. They rose to the level of manager and, unbeknownst to Ameriquest, began hiring their friends as loan executives. Zennedjian and the other individual taught the other subjects how to create documents which supported fraudulent property values and borrower incomes. They introduced loan executives Jarrett Pugh, Eric Peterson, Carlos Campillo, Michael Shields, and Jamin Osborne, to subject Dan Benavidez. Benavidez created false and forged appraisals for the subjects for a kickback payment. Later, the subjects used another corrupt appraiser who created fraudulent appraisals as well.

All of the subjects were indicted on September 27, 2001, on 80 counts of conspiracy, false statement on a loan, and identity theft. Four of the subjects were arrested on October 3, 2001, two became fugitives who were later located and arrested, and one arranged his surrender.

On May 1, 2001, one of the primary subjects, Jarrett Pugh, pled guilty. Pugh was responsible for the most instances of stealing the identities of real estate appraisers in this case. Zennedjian was convicted on December 17, 2001, and Benavidez was convicted on April 8, 2002.

Reply by SDSigner on 10/22/13 10:57pm
Msg #489254

My name is Michael Shields and I never worked for Ameriquest. Judging by this article I would still be in jail and the state of California would never have allowed me to become a commissioned notary. Are you insinuating that I'm the Michael Shields from the above article? Please tell me that you would get your facts straight before you slander someone on a public forum.

Reply by SDSigner on 10/22/13 11:45pm
Msg #489267

Sorry to trip out but I'm not sure who this guy is, all I know is we share the same name and it pisses me off that assumptions are wildly made without research. I think I was playing in a sandbox when this guy worked for Ameriquest. Please do your research, what if my name was Jerry Sandusky, then you would really have a field day! LOL.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/23/13 3:13am
Msg #489283

I just went back and looked at the post above that you replied to and I can't find a single thing that looked like an innuendo or assumption about anyone. [Sometimes it's not all about you... Wink] She merely re-posted an article about Ameriquest that happened to mention a series of names. That one of them happens to be the same as yours was probably the farthest thing from her mind when she posted this - if she was even aware of you at all at the time, since you said you just joined this forum today.

If you're not the same person, you may want to take a chill pill, because I doubt you're winning over many people here on your first day... I recommend you start out by doing lots and lots of reading to learn the lay of the land and what has come before. (You also may learn quite a lot about being a signing agent, too.) This forum goes back for more than a decade (and all posts are available in the archives, accessible via the search button) - and some posters have been posting here that long. Have a little respect - and some courtesy never hurts, either. Being confrontational and abrasive is unlikely to earn any positive responses from others.

Reply by SDSigner on 10/23/13 10:14am
Msg #489303

She is talking about me and I don't even know her. I went back and checked everything that she has been posting and it's all about me, or someone that has the same name. How would you like being slammed on an online forum and it's not even the same person? This women even mentions my wife, posts all of her personal information and she's not even in the business. She's at home with our new born. That's not ok. That's damaging someone's reputation without even doing their research. It seems like some SS didn't pay her first enough and she's putting out my families personal information and we have nothing to do with this company. While you're eating chill pills my wife is receiving angry calls for someone named Hector and now I'm putting the pieces together. Complete BS and I'm upset that CHERYL ELLIOTT's negligent posts has caused me damages. Again, I don't even know this woman.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.