Notary Rotary
Smokeless cigarette still not good
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 10/4/13 12:09pm
Msg #486998

BO "smoked" it during the signing and I got the tickle in my throat just like real smoke. If it ever happens again I am going to request they refrain during the closing - hopefully they will live for 45 minutes without it - or at least long enough to sign the docs.

Reply by jba/fl on 10/4/13 1:17pm
Msg #487005

You are going to ask someone in their house to do as you want/wish? Good Luck.

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/4/13 1:27pm
Msg #487008

Re: Some BOs might be courteous enough. n/m

Reply by desktopfull on 10/4/13 1:25pm
Msg #487007

Are you serious? It's nothing but water vapor! n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/4/13 1:32pm
Msg #487014

I've been around those electronic cigarettes...they

smell just like regular cigarettes.

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/4/13 1:33pm
Msg #487015

Re: If you think it is just water vapor, check again. n/m

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/4/13 1:42pm
Msg #487016

Yes, I too have been in signings w/electronic cigarettes . .

if no air is circulating and it is a small space - the signing process can seem like forever. They were courteous and blew the 'smoke' in the opposite direction, although . . .

Reply by JanetK_CA on 10/4/13 3:43pm
Msg #487030

Re: Yes, I too have been in signings w/electronic cigarettes . .

Wow! Thanks for giving me another reason to be grateful I live where I do... I haven't thought about it in a very long time, but I can't remember the last time I smelled cigarette smoke on an assignment. It's probably been way more than five years! Maybe I've just been lucky - but thank goodness I rarely get exposed to that anymore - unless I leave the state!! Wink

These days here, people can't even smoke near the front entrance to a building. I so appreciate that, as I've become particularly sensitive to it. I no longer have to hold my breath when entering a building!

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/4/13 1:45pm
Msg #487017

Medical News url

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/249784.php

Reply by Luckydog on 10/4/13 7:47pm
Msg #487065

Re: Medical News url

They smell and have a distinct odor...not quite as offensive however, and look pretty silly. I compare them to an adult "pacifier". I think if you are a smoker, your sense of smell cannot detect too much, but they def. have a smell, and not just water vapor in them.

Reply by Robert522TX on 10/4/13 8:15pm
Msg #487067

They do stink, and some of them just as bad as regular cigarettes. Although the smell grosses me out, I don't feel that I have the right to ask a borrower to not smoke in front of me in their own home. I just get through it, get outside, gag if I need to and go home and wash my clothes.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/4/13 9:01pm
Msg #487071

"You are welcome to smoke in your own home

but since I can't hold my breath that long, I'll need to step outside - and it will be awful hard for me to witness your signatures from out there!"

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/4/13 9:42pm
Msg #487075

Re: "You are welcome to smoke in your own home

I had to ask a borrower once not to smoke around me as I had some health issues at the time. The borrower was very understanding and sympathetic and put the cigarette out. I think most borrowers wouldn't mind not smoking if they were asked politely - or you can just keep coughing and they will get the message Smile

My husband has had those electronic cigarettes, not all of them are smelly. He knows not to smoke around me, my doctor gave him a lecture on the affect it was having on my health.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 10/4/13 11:38pm
Msg #487082

What? You're a guest in someone's home. You make all

the demands you please, but don't be surprised if you get call out for it.

There is no smoke - it's vapor. There is no tobacco involved. I've witnessed people sneezing at the sight of a porcelain cat...yet there was no dander...get it? Your reaction was psychosomatic.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/5/13 6:30am
Msg #487096

Re: What? You're a guest in someone's home. You make all

The indisputable health consequences are probably all "in our heads" . . . But, I DO like to smell nice and won't jeopardize my health or that of my next client who will most surely be "allergic," sensitive former smoker, someone I want to impress (and I reek), etc. They will be holding their noses, and I'll be telling them, "Mr. and Mrs. Borrower what you're smelling isn't smoke, it's a vapor from a new perfume by my favorite celebrity called 'SkunkPassion Sunflower.' Isn't it just the bomb?!"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.