Notary Rotary
So frustrated with an o/n modification sent to borrower
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by Linda Juenger on 10/2/13 5:02pm
Msg #486795

Borrowers go to Regions Bank to get notarized. They won't do it, so they call me. I offer them 2 choices and 2 fees. 1. Only notarize docs 2. Go over entire pkg with them. They chose #2. Get there and of course they have questions so I end up going over the entire pkg. Sweet elderly couple. How could I not? Didn't ask for anything more. This past Sat, the borrowers received a letter and a new set of docs and called me. The letter has 6 reasons why the pkg was denied the first time. ALL 6 reasons were Notary related. So, of course the borrowers call me to do the entire pkg again. I said NO and only NO because I wanted to SEE and KNOW exactly what I did wrong. They understood. I went over there on Sunday to read the letter.

Borrowers give me the LO's phone #. I call and call on Mon and Tu. Voicemail all times. Finally today she calls me back. I asked what I did wrong and ask her to email, fax me the doc that is wrong. She then tells me that it was not a notary error, the borrowers were supposed to sign and get notarized BOTH sets of docs and send them both back. Huh?? The letter said nothing about that, it was all Notary error related. They are trying to blame the notary and it just infuriated me.
This poor LO got an earful from me. I told her that I did not appreciate being put to blame here. I told her that it is so wrong to send docs to borrowers who have not a clue what they are signing as they didn't even know their new int rate. Had they sent the docs to me, with instructions to have 2 sets signed, it would have been done correctly the first time.

Now I have been to these people's home 3 times, umpteen phone calls and got paid $6 for the 6 notarizations I did the first time around. Now I am having 2 more sets signed. I can't ask the borrowers for any more money. They are as frustrated as I am over this. I'm just venting, but it sure makes me mad at US Bank for the way they handled their customer and I let them know it. I also called the lady at the bottom of their letter and told her the same thing, but she said she can't say a word because I am not authorized to talk on the borrower's behalf. BS I let her have it also. She finally said she's is ending the call since she couldn't say anything. LOL
I did come home on Sun with a bag of homegrown tomatoes. LOL

Reply by Christine/OK on 10/2/13 5:30pm
Msg #486798

Reminds me of the adage that my son so often quotes to me

when speaking of helping/going out of the way to help others:

'No good deed goes unpunished.'

I previously would simply smile and wonder about the origin of his pessimism. Asked him once about that and he briskly stated that he is a realist! Hmmmm

For me, I tend to believe in karma relating to the entire cycle of cause and effect. I have noticed that if I smile at others with a 1000-yard stare, they will usually blink and then smile back! I have been called an eternal optimist and always try to find something good about each and every person; however, sure seems at times there are folks that are hell-bent on proving the adage correct!

ORIGIN:

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
by Franklin P. Adams

There was a man in our town who had King Midas’ touch;
He gave away his millions to the colleges and such;
And people cried: “The hypocrite! He ought to understand
The ones who really need him are the children of this land!”

When Andrew Croesus built a home for children who were sick,
The people said they rather thought he did it as a trick,
And writers said: “He thinks about the drooping girls and boys,
But what about conditions with the men whom he employs?”

There was a man in our town who said that he would share
His profits with his laborers, for that was only fair,
And people said: “Oh, isn’t he the shrewd and foxy gent?
It cost him next to nothing for that free advértisement!”

There was a man in our town who had the perfect plan
To do away with poverty and other ills of man,
But he feared the public jeering, and the folks who would defame him,
So he never told the plan he had, and I can hardly blame him.

Reply by apsnltch on 10/2/13 5:33pm
Msg #486800

I understand your frustration...but at the risk of being chastized again...Why would or should any borrower want to sign two sets of documents. I have been in the mortgage business one way or another since 1979 and signing a second note and mortgage etc has always been a definate no no!!!!

Has something changed that I am unaware of?

Just asking

Reply by apsnltch on 10/2/13 5:36pm
Msg #486801

OOPS.....Sorry..... I see, this is a modification...Thinking Refi...but still why sign two sets??

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/2/13 5:41pm
Msg #486802

the reason why I haven't done one signing in two weeks..I

got a call from a person saying they needed ONE Doc notarized. I asked what was the name of the Doc. She told me "all-purpose Ca ACK"......i SAID, "WHAT IS IT ATTACHED TO?".......She said a loan mod! Gheez! I said, there is a UPS Store on the corner of 17th and Broadway.

Even clients are low-balling!

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 10/2/13 8:19pm
Msg #486830

Comedy central (I needed that!) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.