Notary Rotary
Someone just scarfed up a RM today for $75.00. I countered
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by snowflake/PA on 10/11/13 9:51am
Msg #487752

the email to close it at the higher end of XXX. Told order already filled. The notary who accepted will certainly lose money.

Reply by Lee/AR on 10/11/13 9:56am
Msg #487753

Just goes to show you can't fix stupid n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/11/13 10:16am
Msg #487754

Although I don't agree with this fee...consider this..

1. I've had RM's as low as 90-100 pages;

2. Prints on employer's printer using their paper, toner and time;

3. Signing is done on the way home from FT job (or better yet, on lunch hour) so no out-of-the-way travel except for package drop which may be minimal if in urban area;

4. Borrowers are VERY savvy and LO did his/her job so you're in and out in max 45 minutes;

5. Finally, notary doesn't claim this income on taxes because someone told them their notary income isn't taxable.

Profit realized.

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/11/13 10:23am
Msg #487756

Re: Although I don't agree with this fee...consider this..

And....of course hiring party doesn't issue 1099 'cause they'll only call you once!

Reply by Moneyman/TX on 10/12/13 6:41am
Msg #487844

Re: Although I don't agree with this fee...consider this..

Yup, being a thief is the only way to realize any real profit with that type of lowball pay.

Maybe when some of these employers realize that they have hired a thief, they will let them go and then they will realize just how little real profit there is in lowball offers. Besides, who wants a thief to have access to all their private financial information?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.