Notary Rotary
Still so slow!!
Notary Discussion History

Still so slow!!
Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by NotaryMI on 10/25/13 8:06pm
Msg #489804

Still so slow!!

How is everyone's end of the month going? 3 closings for me....unbelievable. I do now have to seek a part time job. Can't pay my bills on 5 closings for the month. I don't think this will ever come back like it was. Too many problems in Washington. So sad because I loved closing loans. Even the banks are laying off left and right. Would love to hear your thoughts!!

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/25/13 8:10pm
Msg #489806

move to ME/NJ's area n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/25/13 8:28pm
Msg #489807

Re: move to ME/NJ's area

Did ok, still got pt job. Did 3 today, 3 tomorrow and 3 Monday. Plus someone in my are has bulk of TS business now.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 10/25/13 8:41pm
Msg #489811

I PM you about TS. Now have

new info about that app I hate Smile

Reply by zebbienc on 10/25/13 9:05pm
Msg #489815

Re: I PM you about TS. Now have

I haven't received any new info on the TS app but I know that my business has almost dried up since the app was implemented. I use to get many, many signings from them but no longer..

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/25/13 9:11pm
Msg #489817

The app is for Quicken loans only. Top Tier get alerted first, if no one responds within a time period another alert is sent to the rest of agents in area. It does track all TS appointments for you.

Lots of factors with this app. You have to have phone next to you, what if in dead zone, which service sends alert quicker (verizon, Att, sprint) Right now all Chase business this month has dried up, funny only a couple months ago they were slammed with Chase work and had to farm out Quicken scheduling to a third party. I complained and got it all back through TS.

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/25/13 9:20pm
Msg #489819

Like I have always said, I have 3 big clients TS is one of them and they can make or break me. The 16 days off the Fed took and some issue I had with them hurt this month. I started plan B to cover myself.

I did not think I would of made my numbers this month but I got lucky, can't count on it again next month unless I see a upward trend.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 10/25/13 9:31pm
Msg #489820

I just recently got the e-mail about the app

got a reminder today...am trying to figure out how to download it to my phone -

Not so sure I want to go this route - they've called me maybe 4 times this year (yes, year) - and I have no intention of being tethered to my cell phone.

Reply by walthtz on 10/25/13 10:04pm
Msg #489823

ED, It ain't me.
1 TS this week.

Reply by Teri_PA on 10/26/13 5:44am
Msg #489845

I don't know if someone in your area has the bulk of TS work. I think it has about dried up for now. My TS work is about half what it was. I'm seeing the same thing with my other clients in general. My largest title company who gave me significant volume at $175 per order (and we're talking over 20 orders a month), had a broker file for bankruptcy. Hustling, marketing, and saving as much as I can has allowed me to continue in this business! I am seeing 2008 volume now....The problem is that the fees are much lower than they were in 2008 and expenses higher. Survive, yes, I will. Thrive, highly doubtful. I'm fortunate enough to also have a PA commission, so I am surviving with purchase activity in PA (75 min drives each way, but the payout is still good for full purchases in PA).

Reply by Cindy Flynn on 10/26/13 9:40am
Msg #489858

would someone share the app info you are discussing with me please, tyty

Reply by ME/NJ on 10/26/13 10:04am
Msg #489861

Title Soure sends you the link to download app n/m

Reply by Brenda/FL on 10/26/13 10:26am
Msg #489863

Download the App for Title Source

Go to your Play Store, or wherever you go to get apps on your phone and search, Title Source My Signings, the app appears and you download it. I think it's very user friendly, you can see all your Closings, confirm you are ready to sign, confirm closing was completed and then confirm when package has been shipped.

Reply by Julie/MI on 10/27/13 7:49am
Msg #489887

friend of a friend works for title source..

they are laying off at quicken and title source.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.