Notary Rotary
The formula for pursuing payment from deadbeats is not easy
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2013 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 10/10/13 11:38pm
Msg #487721

The best course of action is not to work for these companies in the first place.

Check their star ratings. Three and below are very risky, especially in this market. I can't feel any sympathy for any one who is not being paid by a company with three and fewer stars. They just aren't going to be around if we don't work for them and allow them to go out of biz when they've got a fist full of notary's earnings.

I know a very smart cookie who hand carried about a sixty page report to a DA's office for investigation of mortgage fraud and nonpayment of notary fees. Hers is not the only one, but only one of many other complaints. This is a conspiracy to defraud notaries nationally.

It takes a little effort. These notaries may never get paid, but at least the case is being investigated and perpetrators will be brought up on charges.

The problem is, look how many people before the present bad boys and girls have done the same thing, and somehow missed the guillotine. They simply go down the road and open shop on the other side of the road with a new game and a new guise.

I really hope people will stop aiding and abetting these clowns.

Reply by HSH/WA on 10/11/13 1:04am
Msg #487728

Re: I wish low stars was saved for

slow/no pay and not for low ball offers. Just like us they have a right to try and keep expenses down. We can say no. But then to give them a low star rating based on that seems unfair.

Reply by 101livescan on 10/11/13 7:01am
Msg #487734

It has been my experience that the companies that make low ball offers soon fold. They don't have sufficient working capital to sustain themselves in low peak periods, hence stop paying the notaries when things get lean and close their doors.

Seems to go hand in hand. That is why it is important to only work for the better managed, capitalized signing services with four and five stars, not the 3 stars and below.

Reply by Notarysigner on 10/11/13 7:33am
Msg #487737

Maybe a remedy to them being treated "unfairly" would be for them to offer a sale price on large loan packages or discount loans that have faxbacks of entire packages.

Reply by Brenda/FL on 10/11/13 8:31am
Msg #487741

I agree with HSA/WA. Rating a company without actually working for them, just offended by their lowball offer, does not justify a star rating in Signing Central. If you agree to a fee that fits your business plan and then the company is slow to pay or does not pay, they would then receive the earned star rating.

Reply by mtnotary on 10/11/13 8:35am
Msg #487742

I agree with HSH/WA n/m

Reply by Darlin_AL on 10/11/13 11:57am
Msg #487765

ditto here--they may lowball "you",but not me

makes sense to rate on actual experience w/company, not a cheesy call.

Reply by Jack/AL on 10/11/13 12:52pm
Msg #487771

Re: ditto here--they may lowball "you",but not me

The company from which I get about 1/3 of my business is one whose rating varies around the range of 3 to 3.5 stars. It has a lot of work in my area and I have no probelms getting paid after 7 to 10 days. There are many good comments posted about it, but the 4 and 5 star ratings are brought to a lower average mostly by members who make comments about "lowballers, and they don't even take the jobs and base their comments on experiences. Sure, if the members don't like the fees, they have every right to try for higher or decline the assignments. Sometimes, my fee requests for longer than normal travel are not acceptable, but that's gonna happen from time to time. If there were a rrealistic and fair site where TCs and SSs could rate us, I doubt that any of our members would appreciate being called "absurd, high-price prima donnas," or other demeaning names, with a one-star rating, merely because we ASKED for a fee that is higher than the company/can/should/will pay. Fair is fair, I I think it only fair that our comments be based on experiences of working with the companies, not upon our hurt feelings when our fee request is not accepted.

Reply by Gary Williamson on 10/12/13 12:25pm
Msg #487876

Re: ditto here--they may lowball "you",but not me

I agree with Jack/AL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.